Resizing Photos to Post on Soviet Steeds (Moved)

If you are having a problem with the forums, try clicking on the "FAQ" link at the top of the page first. If that doesn't work, stop in here for help. Suggestions for site improvement are welcomed. For the love of Lennin, if you have a tech question about your rig, put it in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section below, not here.
Forum rules
This is the place to report problems with the forums, ask for help with the fourms and test posts. Techincal Support for Ural and Dnepr motorcycles is in the Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
swedgemon@gmail.com

Resizing Photos to Post on Soviet Steeds (Moved)

Post by swedgemon@gmail.com » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:44 am

Lmo, from somewhere in CA, asked that I list the gyrations I go thru to resize a photo in MS Paint. I struggle with computers, so there are likely other ways to get there, so add your "better" methods!!
Open MS "Paint" - I search my Local Disk C for "Paint".
In Paint, under "Paste", click the dropdown "paste from".
Find your photo and "open" it or dblclk it.
In Paint, click on "Image", then "Resize".
In resize, pick "pixels", then enter "800" in the horizontal box - "600" will autofill in the vertical box.
Click "File", then "Save As", then "jpeg", then rename the file and save it where you will be able to find it!
Go to the saved file (not in Paint), Right Click the photo (it will be a small pic), then click "Edit with Photos" (upper right under "more").
Your small photo will now appear, with lots of white field showing and white blobs at each corner - pull the lower right blob "up and to the left" until it touches the lower right corner of your photo.
"Save a Copy" - it will save back to your file folder and now have a "(2)" added to the name.
Now when you click "add files" you click on the resized photo, the file name will appear under "add files" and you can click it into your text box.
If it were possible to use a blacksmith forge, hammer, tongs, anvil and maybe a power hammer on these files, I could be a genius...
2018 GU - somewhere in south/central Iowa
Airborne, Infantry, Ranger, a long time ago

Mr Wazzock
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Resizing Photos to Post on Soviet Steeds

Post by Mr Wazzock » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:19 am

Yep, I'm lucky I've got 2 versions of Paintshop Pro and an old Thumbs Plus that can do that, also the phone can do it if I email the pix.
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

Darman
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Darman » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:53 am

i open the pic, right click and go to "open with", then use paint then resize with pixels, only change the one to 1000 or less, boom done,k have to rename and save in paint though, it likes to put pics in strange places, need to be sure where that puppy is gonna end up ;)
09 NATO green Gear Up
73 ironhead "fatster"
3 horses and a mule ( the mule counts as a sidecar....)

"better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it", Capt. Woodrow Call

Lee Pape

Post by Lee Pape » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:55 am

I have so many photos posted here and else where using photobucket. When they started to charge for 3rd party hosting for photos I just bit the bullet and pay the price. Otherwise all of those posted photos would be lost, or I would have to go through all of my past posts and change them all. Plus it does not require resizing, frees up our space here and allows me to post unlimited number of photos in a single post.
We may not have it all together,
But, together we have it all.

2007 Tourist "The un-named-one"
Riding and working on Urals since 2000.

SidecarDan
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by SidecarDan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:05 am

Email them to yourself. Single click on any picture in your file, or hold down the control button and single click on all the pictures you want to resize, they will be highlighted, then right click on one of the highlighted pictures and choose "send to", then select "mail to" and a window will pop up asking what size to send them. Choose your size and your computer automatically does the work for you. When you get the email back save them in a separate file in your picture file titled resized photos so you don't lose the larger, higher resolution copies.
No messing around with any program that you have to do one at a time.
Dan
2012 Forest Fog Gear-Up
128/42 jets
7/64ths drilled slides
2013 branch pipes
Yamaha petcock

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:40 pm

Only if you've got a mail program installed that can do that. :D (I haven't, just tried it)

This is Windows 10 BTW
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")