I pad pic ?

If you are having a problem with the forums, try clicking on the "FAQ" link at the top of the page first. If that doesn't work, stop in here for help. Suggestions for site improvement are welcomed. For the love of Lennin, if you have a tech question about your rig, put it in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section below, not here.
Forum rules
This is the place to report problems with the forums, ask for help with the fourms and test posts. Techincal Support for Ural and Dnepr motorcycles is in the Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
silverdog
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

I pad pic ?

Post by silverdog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Can I ? How do you post pic from I pad ?

Thanks
2012 gobi

lomax
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Re: I pad pic ?

Post by lomax » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Posting so that I can learn something. I think some people do it using tapatalk ?? or something like that. The only thing I have figured out is setup Icloud and have the Ipad directly load it to the cloud. You can then download it, upload to a hosting site and post it.

I am sure there is a simpler way and thus I am tuned in.
84 R100RS LE,14 Ducati MTSGT,14 Hyperstrada, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 13 TR650, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 01 200EXC, 77 HD XLCR, 15 Enfield Classic. https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

JohnBG
General Secretary
General Secretary

Post by JohnBG » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:39 pm

I post pictures from my iPad all the time. Click the "Attachments" in the tab below the text entry box, and then select the picture(s) from you iPad and attach them to the post like you would from a PC.
John Grocke aka "JohnBG"
Site Administrator - sovietsteeds.com

Current Rides:
'06 Ural Raven - "Vorona"
'09 Kawasaki KLR650 - "Madea"

History:
'98.5 Ural Tourist - "Valentina" - Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Harley Road King FLHPI
1997 Harley Electra Glide FLHTPI
Honda Nighthawk 650 from the mid-80's
1980 Suzuki RM125T
1970 Honda CL100

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

flcruiser2302
Party Member
Party Member

Post by flcruiser2302 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:06 am

JohnBG wrote:I post pictures from my iPad all the time. Click the "Attachments" in the tab below the text entry box, and then select the picture(s) from you iPad and attach them to the post like you would from a PC.
Hey John, how can posters get around this sizing issue, better yet, why is there a sizing issue? Other sites allow posting of photos straight from iPad, iPhone, etc without having to go through a goatrope of resizing.
John in Orlando Fl
2017 CT
2-1 exhaust with cats removed, K&N drop in filter installed along with Dobeck EJK set at stock settings.

Lokiboy
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by Lokiboy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:36 am

iPads and IPhones do present a problem do to size.

On my IPhone I down loaded a resizing app called "Minima". I either have to take my photos via this app, or have all my pictures resized via the app.

Another option is to send yourself the pictures via gmail. Apple resizes. But then you need to capture the images back to your "Camera Roll".

Not the best solution, but it's the only way you can post Apple product pictures.

Maybe someday, Apple will allow sizing options.
2011 Gear Up - "Erika"
Yorktown, VA

Mains: 127, Idle: 40, Needle: 1 shim
MKIII air filter
100,000 km and counting

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:46 am

Just to mention, those who a using a method that does NOT resize, e.g. a hosting site or whatever, and think they've 'fixed the problem', the photos are still HUGE when they show on this forum, several times lately I've had to wait for the photos to 'build up' line by line on the page, especially if Internet connection is slow. So still not a good alternative to resizing the image, which most importantly changes the file size. Smaller is just more efficient for the Internet.
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

PhilJet09
Comrade
Comrade

Post by PhilJet09 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:30 am

Mr Wazzock wrote:Just to mention, those who a using a method that does NOT resize, e.g. a hosting site or whatever, and think they've 'fixed the problem', the photos are still HUGE when they show on this forum, several times lately I've had to wait for the photos to 'build up' line by line on the page, especially if Internet connection is slow. So still not a good alternative to resizing the image, which most importantly changes the file size. Smaller is just more efficient for the Internet.

Good to know, since I haven't been on an Internet forum from a PC in several years now. I'll resize my pictures from now on.
2016 Forest Fog Gear Up
2009 FJR is my primary ride
It's my first day, every day.

GHGoodwin

Post by GHGoodwin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Send yourself the photos via e-mail. Drag to your desktop and then open. Resize nd adjust as you want. I've found that 800x600 resolution is pretty good for posting here.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

flcruiser2302
Party Member
Party Member

Post by flcruiser2302 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:29 pm

GHGoodwin wrote:Send yourself the photos via e-mail. Drag to your desktop and then open. Resize nd adjust as you want. I've found that 800x600 resolution is pretty good for posting here.
Yes, that is an option but it is also a huge pain in the rear end to resize a picture that 9 out of 10 other sites just let you post directly from your phone or ipad. Just saying, why not upgrade the site instead of everyone having to jump through hoops resizing photos just to post. It can't be that big of a deal, right?????
John in Orlando Fl
2017 CT
2-1 exhaust with cats removed, K&N drop in filter installed along with Dobeck EJK set at stock settings.

Lokiboy

Post by Lokiboy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:00 pm

flcruiser2302 wrote:
GHGoodwin wrote:Send yourself the photos via e-mail. Drag to your desktop and then open. Resize nd adjust as you want. I've found that 800x600 resolution is pretty good for posting here.
Yes, that is an option but it is also a huge pain in the rear end to resize a picture that 9 out of 10 other sites just let you post directly from your phone or ipad. Just saying, why not upgrade the site instead of everyone having to jump through hoops resizing photos just to post. It can't be that big of a deal, right?????
More than likely it's a cost issue.
2011 Gear Up - "Erika"
Yorktown, VA

Mains: 127, Idle: 40, Needle: 1 shim
MKIII air filter
100,000 km and counting

GHGoodwin

Post by GHGoodwin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:23 am

flcruiser2302 wrote:

Agree but it also allows me to rename the photos for future reference - Swing Arm 1, Swing Arm 2..... Especially good if I'm posting a build/mod series or recording an install. I keep a file of combined photos and marrative under "Ural Stuff". Stuff like I just mentioned alond with scanned drawings and materials lists.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

JohnBG
General Secretary
General Secretary

Post by JohnBG » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:37 pm

flcruiser2302 wrote:
JohnBG wrote:I post pictures from my iPad all the time. Click the "Attachments" in the tab below the text entry box, and then select the picture(s) from you iPad and attach them to the post like you would from a PC.
Hey John, how can posters get around this sizing issue, better yet, why is there a sizing issue? Other sites allow posting of photos straight from iPad, iPhone, etc without having to go through a goatrope of resizing.
Have you tried the Tapatalk app on the iPad. It's free and handles the pic posting issue.
John Grocke aka "JohnBG"
Site Administrator - sovietsteeds.com

Current Rides:
'06 Ural Raven - "Vorona"
'09 Kawasaki KLR650 - "Madea"

History:
'98.5 Ural Tourist - "Valentina" - Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Harley Road King FLHPI
1997 Harley Electra Glide FLHTPI
Honda Nighthawk 650 from the mid-80's
1980 Suzuki RM125T
1970 Honda CL100

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:23 pm

I remember some years ago installing a plug-in for forum code that resized uploaded pictures automatically, if beyond the specified limits. When next the forum code had a major update it stopped working, so that was the end of that. (Actually it was chucked off and couldn't be reapplied, not compatible with new version of the BB.)
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")