Testing Oil Pump

Start oil threads here so they can be ignored and/or ridiculed by most of us (except for those hardcore few that live for that kinda stuff).
Forum rules
Here's the place for you to debate what oil is best. Post your oil related topics her so we don't clutter up the other sections. Most people avoid oil threads like the plague.
Gobi-Geoff

Testing Oil Pump

Post by Gobi-Geoff » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:32 am

Hi Just purchased a M67 1987, I'm just about to replace the pistons and cylinders, just wondering is there an easy way to test the oil pump, forgot to order one and just would like to make sure the oil pump is ok before replacing the pistons etc?
1987 M67 Ural 650

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: Testing Oil Pump

Post by gobium » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:45 am

Tin Man
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tin Man » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:07 am

Van always has great info......... but if I was gonna get that deep into anything that old, I would just replace (whatever I could afford) with new..... :foilhead:
Mike
2007 GearUp (Arctic #1)
130/45 jets, KTM rock solid mirrors, Delaware Dave's outstanding trunk lock, Mr. Cob's most excellent skid plate, Cycra Probend smashproof hand guards, Duro strong like bull 307's, RotoPax damn near bulletproof fuel cans, MKIII all but water proof air box and Dimples super duper magnetic drain plugs all around...oh yeah, and a manual fuel petcock.

.........if you see something that needs doing, just do it........

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gobium » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:35 am

:lol:
My first video......try to be,rock star
Tin Man wrote:Van always has great info......... but if I was gonna get that deep into anything that old, I would just replace (whatever I could afford) with new..... :foilhead:

Tin Man
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tin Man » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:40 pm

gobium wrote::lol:
My first video......try to be,rock star
Tin Man wrote:Van always has great info......... but if I was gonna get that deep into anything that old, I would just replace (whatever I could afford) with new..... :foilhead:
Van, you became a Star on this forum a long time back...... :cheers:
Mike
2007 GearUp (Arctic #1)
130/45 jets, KTM rock solid mirrors, Delaware Dave's outstanding trunk lock, Mr. Cob's most excellent skid plate, Cycra Probend smashproof hand guards, Duro strong like bull 307's, RotoPax damn near bulletproof fuel cans, MKIII all but water proof air box and Dimples super duper magnetic drain plugs all around...oh yeah, and a manual fuel petcock.

.........if you see something that needs doing, just do it........

Gobi-Geoff

Post by Gobi-Geoff » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 am

Thanks for the link to the video, that was very useful. I purchased the bike as a project to do with my teenage boys while living in Mongolia, the time it take to get the part is the biggest problem, just don't tell the wife about the next part order until it arrives :)
Thanks for your help.
1987 M67 Ural 650

3 bike mike
Party Member
Party Member

Post by 3 bike mike » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:57 pm

This is very interesting on a ural, but how would you test the pump on a Dnepr MT ?

Doc
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by Doc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:14 am

Gobi-Geoff wrote:Thanks for the link to the video, that was very useful. I purchased the bike as a project to do with my teenage boys while living in Mongolia, the time it take to get the part is the biggest problem, just don't tell the wife about the next part order until it arrives :)
Thanks for your help.
I love Mongolian BBQ
:cheers:
HMCS(DSW/SCW) USN Retired
2015 Ural Gear-Up
2003 Indian Chief
Iron Indian Riders Association
"IF YOU CAN'T DODGE IT, RAM IT"
http://s145.photobucket.com/home/satdiver00/index
Las Vegas, NV :cheers:

prahaben
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by prahaben » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:38 pm

3 bike mike wrote:This is very interesting on a ural, but how would you test the pump on a Dnepr MT ?

You could always take the oil pressure sender out of the block and get an actual pressure gauge to hook to the port and take a reading.
Owned by a 2006 Ural Patrol