Solid state regulators.

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.
Macabry
Party Member
Party Member

Solid state regulators.

Post by Macabry » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Hello and howdy,

Been working again the last few days but due some r&r next week. I have bought an electronic (solid state)regulator that has just arrived from Poland. I got it so I can try an electronic ignition unit. Having already done some testing of the dynamo and being fairly happy with it I am looking forward to fitting this tiny little unit (I will be keeping the pp302 as a spare and if the solid state unit us decent I might even do a pp302 housing for it .... depends on mood, time etc.

Anyway, my question is: Anyone have any particular advice or pro/con information regarding replacement solid state regulators, or issues they've encountered ??? (Obviously different units will vary in quality/reliability etc.)

Interested to hear your views.

Thanks!
"There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games"

History:
Honda C70, Honda C90, Mobylette (various), Suzuki GP125, Suzuki DR100, Suzuki DR400, Suzuki GN400, Dnepr K750 rig, BSA M20 (1940),

Current:
IMZ M61 - exact year unknown (Reg'd as 1961)
Suzuki DR400 (Basket case)