Gearbox Seals

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.
darkhorse
Party Member
Party Member

Gearbox Seals

Post by darkhorse » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:14 pm

I recently replaced some of the seals on my gearbox along with the pancake seal in my final drive. Being new to the seals on the gearbox, I was uncertain if you could remove them from the outside or needed to open up the case. Gene at Holopaw Ural helped me out with a quick phone call which I really appreciate. He carries a whole seal kit for the 650's for a very reasonable price.

For anyone who has not replaced any of the seals on a 650 gearbox, you replace them from the outside. I pried it out with a small screwdriver. The kickstarter seal, shifter seal (above the reverse shifter) and the reverse shifter seal all come out the same way. Below is a picture of the gearbox with the reverse shifter seal removed.
Gearbox.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 Ural Deco Classic
PowerArc Ignition

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.