Which FMF muffler for Ural

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.
danielraible

Which FMF muffler for Ural

Post by danielraible » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:40 pm

Hello,

I've seen a few rigs using the full replacement 2-1 exhaust system including a FMF muffler. Do any of you know which particular model FMF muffler is recommended for an Ural? Is it just the universal one (P-CORE 4 UNIVERSAL)?

https://www.fmfracing.com/Product/Produ ... earchText=

I am currently running a 2-1 header into one of the stock pontoon mufflers (minus cats), and am considering a freer-flowing upgrade. Reading through the forums, it seems the Dunstalls may be too loud at speed, so I am trying to figure some alternates. I think I can fab up a pipe to adapt the header to a different muffler, so just need to select something worthwhile.

Thank you very much for your time!

jaybird
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Location: The foothills of the Forked River Mountains, West Barnegat NJ (Do It In The Pines!) 08005

Re: Which FMF muffler for Ural

Post by jaybird » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:06 pm

I can't comment on the FMF mufflers but I'm rather favorable to the different flavors of Harley Davidson mufflers, they're good quality, not too loud, and the price is right for me (free or cheap). I haven't used any in a 2-1 application yet but they do flow nicely and are designed for 1200cc plus engine.
I have a pair I bought at a swapmeet for something like $5, I've been saving them to build a 2-1 for my GearUp, I haven't looked at them in a while but they have something like a 2" plus inlet, I think the application embossed on them says they're for a V-ROD, you know with something like that the owner had to take them off immediately and put on straight pipes :lol: aside from some scratches from being handled and unloved, they look brand new.
I will say that if you ride off road in any state or national parks, I think the FMF mufflers are Forest Fire Service approved.

Welcome aboard and good luck whatever you decide to do. :cheers:

Happy trails,
Jaybird
2005 Gear-Up, Mr. Nat_ural 108,000+ Kilometers and counting
2013 Retro, Black beauty, AKA Lucky "13"
1995 Olive Tourist
1975 Enfield Diesel Bullet
2008 Enfield Bullet 500
1974 BMW R 75/6
Etc.