final drive help please

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.
hoytbow

final drive help please

Post by hoytbow » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:56 am

Hi
2007 gear up
10755 miles
I have somehow cracked the final drive case where the 2wd linkage attaches to the case .
I never use the 2 wd drive option as i us the bike for around town errand vehicle
the bike is operating fine but I've not tried to engage the 2wd
the local dealer in iowa has been low to respond to inquries for repair costs.
any thoughts on why the caseing failed and where to get a new one? I can find 1wd casings on line but not 2wd or do i have to replace the entire assembly .......

thanks in advance
mike

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: final drive help please

Post by gobium » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:35 pm

Loose ring gear bolts

Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: final drive help please

Post by Albuquralque » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:24 pm

hoytbow wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:56 am
Hi
2007 gear up
10755 miles
I have somehow cracked the final drive case where the 2wd linkage attaches to the case .
I never use the 2 wd drive option as i us the bike for around town errand vehicle
the bike is operating fine but I've not tried to engage the 2wd
the local dealer in iowa has been low to respond to inquries for repair costs.
any thoughts on why the caseing failed and where to get a new one? I can find 1wd casings on line but not 2wd or do i have to replace the entire assembly .......

thanks in advance
mike
Give Ski a call at Triquest in Santa Clara, CA. He will get you what you need.
"Put a little gravel in your travel"

Previous Urals Owned: 2004 Wolf, 2006 Tourist, 2006 Patrol (TOW), 2006 Patrol (TOM), 2014 Patrol