Replace the rear drive 2WD housing

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.
Patton

Replace the rear drive 2WD housing

Post by Patton » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:08 am

My rear drive was broken down, maybe the internal screws fell off, I don't know why this happened.
I went to the Ural head office in Redmond. The Russians were cold-hearted and told me to go to the dealer. The dealer said that they would not get it. I recommended that I go to the BMW dealership near the Canadian border. I went three times and it was very tired. I had to be myself. Hands-on, I opened it, the machine gear inside is very new, no wear, but I can't completely remove it, as shown in the picture, I have ordered a new shell (red part) from the UK, and ordered the oil seal from the state of Massachusetts. But I can't remove the green part of the picture, please ask, what to do, thank youImageImage

VWK75S
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Replace the rear drive 2WD housing

Post by VWK75S » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:43 am

We're going to need pictures.
John
The Ural's made Maine a much bigger state.

2009 GearUp 145,000kms
2007 Retro 25,000kms
1991 VWK75S 110,000miles

Lokiboy

Re: Replace the rear drive 2WD housing

Post by Lokiboy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:41 am

If you haven’t, go to MyUral.com

Shows you how to completely disassemble the FD. This way you can check to make sure you’ve done everything required.
2011 Gear Up - "Erika"
Yorktown, VA

Mains: 127, Idle: 40, Needle: 1 shim
MKIII air filter
100,000 km and counting