Weeping gearbox

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.
Mr Wazzock
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Weeping gearbox

Post by Mr Wazzock » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:56 pm

Going by that video, it does indeed appear to be the easiest gearbox to take apart and put back together I've ever seen on any motorcycle.
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Mr Wazzock wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:56 pm
Going by that video, it does indeed appear to be the easiest gearbox to take apart and put back together I've ever seen on any motorcycle.
well, im sure if i did take one apart i would be in big trouble some where in the process. im good at taking things apart, learned as a 10 year old, but not so much putting back together. :boogie:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

xpatriot
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by xpatriot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:15 pm

Having thoroughly cleaned everything top to bottom, side to side and let the warmed up bike sit I also have weeping from the reverse shifter and/or the bolt that extends out just above it.

It looks like I might be pulling it after all.
1999 650 Tourist "The Moscow Mule" *For Sale*
2001 Patrol with ‘03 Wolf motor “The Beast of the East”