Please....Let Us Know Back!!!

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.
Underhill
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Re: Please....Let Us Know Back!!!

Post by Underhill » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Ben at NW Ural has been a big help to me a couple of times. Intermittent stalling problem -- Hall effect sensor -- Ben knew.
'08 Patrol Hansel
and other stuff I don't drive much.
I used to be Overkill but theorists broke into my me-mail and things have gotten all iffy now.

Never been tired, never been hungry never been lied to.
Bugrit--millenium hand and shrimp

Johann
Party Member
Party Member

Post by Johann » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:38 pm

I'm currently working out an electrical problem which has me perplexed. When I solve it I will post!.

CraigE
Comrade
Comrade

Post by CraigE » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:37 pm

I'm new to Urals and am no mechanic, I really do appreciate all the help and advice from the members on the site.

Least I can do is reply.

I'll even post if I do anything of use for others. Today I fitted a Givi a210 screen to the bike. So will post some close ups, may help someone.

Thanks All
Craig

Ural 2016 Tourist
BMW R1250GSA
DL650 V Strom
Honda Dominator NX650 Street Tracker

Whiskeychute
Comrade
Comrade

Headlight woes

Post by Whiskeychute » Tue May 02, 2017 8:16 pm

Many thanks to all of you that helped this 'ol timer stumble his way through the electrical problems.....Since fuel tank was off in order to check all
hidden wiring, decided to replace the 2 relays that are under fuel tank even though they seemingly checked out ok......Repaced both relays, GOT HEADLIGHT.........GREAT HELP HERE ON YOUR WEBSITE.

tgtrotter
Commissar
Commissar

Post by tgtrotter » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Erratic to no Voltage FIXED !! Thanks to Wildhorse Cafe. Only once back in 1995something have I ever had a completely shorted and sudden battery death. Usually for me batteries hang on a slooow and predictable near death and rejuvenation charge again again and again. Lesson learned maybe...I just couldn't believe the trouble it caused now. Read the post titled http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/view ... 72#p612372 :lurker: :lurker: :cheers: :boogie: :clap: off to show the kids at the AP store a Ural :foilhead:
2007 Woodland Green Patrol :foilhead:
2004 FLTRI :machinegun:
1992 Trek 830 :P

hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by hotflash44 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:09 am

Agree, most batteries will tell you when they are going to go bad, thats when to buy a new one.IMHO :D
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

tgtrotter
Commissar
Commissar

Post by tgtrotter » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Alternating Turn signal FIXED

I looked for loose wires under nacelle from right neck side of frame best I could. Nothing
I checked grounds at each signal on bike only. Nothing
I disconnected wire harness to car. Signal still alternating
I pulled the thermal BUSS 550 flasher and noticed one spade, of the three loose like a childs tooth. Ventured out for a replacement :foilhead: . Wasn't easy to find a simple 3 prong medium duty auto flasher. Everyone had a heavy duty $18-$22 electronic flasher. Ended up with a CEC EF33BP for $9.99 plus tax from our local " Pilot :?: Travel Center".
Installed it. :clap:
I'm not sending a video but take my word the signals flash and don't alternate with the indicator. :thumbsup: Snakeoil

This was an overnight project cause a name brand store said they'd have the cheapie flasher in the next morning. When I returned they had the expensive one and of course that was all that was available on earth. I left. I had thought overnight that a three prong flasher is getting one signal (input) and sending the pulse two directions. Hence the signals and the indicator and one loose spade. IDK it works AND I have a semi usable spare for me or others.
2007 Woodland Green Patrol :foilhead:
2004 FLTRI :machinegun:
1992 Trek 830 :P

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:23 pm

3 prongs = supply, ground, and output. No 2 outputs.

I would expect...

Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

Whiskeychute
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Whiskeychute » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm

I sincerely hope I have not failed to respond to the "fixes" offered here by the experts. Being old & senile I sometime have an issue describing problem with my 2003 Ural G/U & am rather astonished when fixed, I may forget to respond...Had it about 4 years now & getting to trust 'er more....

Whiskeychute in Tennessee
2003 G/U
2001 H/D Fatboy with trike kit
2001 Kawasaki Drifter
1993 BMW K75S

codemonkey001
Party Member
Party Member

Post by codemonkey001 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Have to say this is a great post. I've only had one "what's wrong with my Ural" post, and made a point to come back, report the actual cause and solution, thank the person that pointed me in the right direction, and joined in the discussion of how to prevent it from happening again.

The wealth of knowledge available from the veterans on this forum is tremendously valuable.
2007 Patrol - Starbug
2015 Royal Enfield Classic 500 -Rocinante

BloNo Illinois