2008 Gear Up, $5,500 WA State, SOLD

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: 2008 Gear Up, $5,500 WA State, SOLD

Post by mr. cob » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:41 pm

Howdy stagewex,

The only sidecar rig now in my stable is the Predator. Sad to say but I am seriously thinking of selling the Predator, as I don't have anyone to ride with anymore who enjoys the hard some would say stupid off road riding it was built for. This type of riding has a lot of risk involved, its not safe to do such things alone, I hate to admit it but I am getting old ( 72 ) and the new replacement knees just don't work as good as the OEM parts but there is much less pain. So what to do, I put a lot of blood, sweat and even tears into building and riding that rig but like my R1, its getting to the point where I can't enjoy riding it anymore.

I'll have to give it some thought, come up a price and see what happens. Its very hard to put a price on such a rig because even though it's based on my very first Ural a 2005 Gear Up, there is NOTHING stock on the rig. Everything is custom hand made for a purpose not to look pretty but to WORK and survive having the holy hell beat out of it. it has a dents, scratches, some rust where the paint has worn through, it's UGLY, but I'll put it up against all comers in the nasty stuff where it shines. The Predator, really has to be ridden to be appreciated for what it is, looks alone don't do it credit and nowadays most folks are all about the glitter and shine a skid plate is a Starbucks, ornament its not an absolute necessity.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

The "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, and the "Kraken" a 2013/14 Gear-Up, have been sold and no longer in my stable.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Lofty
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by Lofty » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:29 pm

mr. cob wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:41 pm
Sad to say but I am seriously thinking of selling the Predator

I'll have to give it some thought, come up a price and see what happens.

Its very hard to put a price on such a rig
What do you make of this, then?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52449

Or this:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/ural-lig ... t-36111991

We hope that you're not stuck in a mental loop. :wink:
Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650
1991 Bianchi Osprey
1952 Columbia RX-5 ('87, NOS)

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:18 pm

Lofty wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:29 pm
mr. cob wrote:

Or this:

Howdy Lofty,

I am not the sharpest knife in my drawer, I am missing the point to make. Could you clarify what your saying or asking in your post? Thanks

Dave
Mr. Cob

The "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, and the "Kraken" a 2013/14 Gear-Up, have been sold and no longer in my stable.

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 pm

mr. cob wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:18 pm
Lofty wrote:
mr. cob wrote:

Or this:

Howdy Lofty,

I am not the sharpest knife in my drawer, I am missing the point to make. Could you clarify what your saying or asking in your post? Thanks

Dave
Hello Dave,

You speak in present tense regarding the possible sale of the Predator. Having followed your previous and objectively active For Sale posts regarding the same machine, I was hoping that you could reconcile the disconnect. The rig is already for sale, with a sale price attached. Thus your quoted post, and the relevant links.

Unless there's a second Predator that may be offered for sale?

Best,
L
Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650
1991 Bianchi Osprey

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Lofty wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 pm
mr. cob wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:18 pm
Lofty wrote:
mr. cob wrote:

Or this:

Howdy Lofty,

Dave
Hello Dave,

You speak in present tense regarding the possible sale of the Predator. Having followed your previous and objectively active For Sale posts regarding the same machine, I was hoping that you could reconcile the disconnect. The rig is already for sale, with a sale price attached. Thus your quoted post, and the relevant links.

Unless there's a second Predator that may be offered for sale?

Best,
L
Howdy Lofty,

Those posts are so old I doubt anyone unless they do a real search would ever find them and to be honest about I had forgotten I made them. I put the Predator, for sale ads up back when I was sure I was going to keep the 2008, now that the 2008 is gone I am very seriously considering going totally Ural-less but I have NOT made up my mind on that yet.

When I posted the Predator, ad and put a price of 11K on it I never expected to get that much money for it but used the ad to gauge interest and see if anyone would make any serious / reasonable offers, none were forthcoming. What did surprise me was the amount of people who know NOTHING about the rig who were so quick to call it a piece of trash and something not worthy of being sold or owned. The way I look at it those with that opinion would never truly be interested in such a rig anyway so their opinion as to its worth must be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. I'd like to see the rig go to someone who can appreciate it for what it is and able to use it as it was built to be used, Hell if I still had a riding partner who was as crazy as I am I wouldn't sell it. As is, I am thinking its time to let it go and to take what's left of my life in a different direction.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Marine Corps Codu

Post by Marine Corps Codu » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Dave Hooker Ural-less??? Come on, man! That would mean the world has ended!!
Keith Birkhofer
Marine By Choice
Current 2018 Gear Up
Former Bikes:
1947 Cushman Motor Scooter
1958 Cushman/Sears Motor Scooter
1964 Yamaguchi
1965 Honda 250
1968 KZ1000
1960 Honda 55 (2 of them)
2002 Honda Gold Wing GL1800
2006 Ural Patrol
2005 BMW R1200GS
2018 Ural Gear Up

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:32 am

mr. cob wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:46 pm
Howdy Lofty,

Those posts are so old I doubt anyone unless they do a real search would ever find them and to be honest about I had forgotten I made them. I put the Predator, for sale ads up back when I was sure I was going to keep the 2008, now that the 2008 is gone I am very seriously considering going totally Ural-less but I have NOT made up my mind on that yet.

I'd like to see the rig go to someone who can appreciate it for what it is and able to use it as it was built to be used, Hell if I still had a riding partner who was as crazy as I am I wouldn't sell it. As is, I am thinking its time to let it go and to take what's left of my life in a different direction.

Dave
Dave,

Understood. Good luck with however you decide to proceed here.

We do remain curious to know if the new owner will continue to use the bike in the manner for which you've carefully configured it.

L.
Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650
1991 Bianchi Osprey