Side curtains for sale!

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Side curtains for sale!

Post by Rich Maund » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:06 pm

Folks.
I have a couple of sidecar side curtains to sell. They are $120 each shipped priority mail in the USA. They are similar to the photo below just like I built for many years. (The ones shown in the pic are the older style with patch grommets ad tabs.) Both are black leather grain 32 oz vinyl with edging sewn around the outside and then double stitched. One has the slotted leather patch grommets up front with snap on leather tabs to fit the older style Urals. The other has black SS marine eyelets up front to fit the newer ones. Both have strong neodymium magnets sewn at the rear to hold the tail of it to the sidecar body. Pay Pal only. PM me if you'd like one. I will ship w/i one business day of payment. I am no longer in business, just building the very occasional item as a hobby now a days. I still have a lot materials here I can play with. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is my step ladder. I never got to know my real ladder.

2002 Kawasaki ZR750 Sport

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Side curtains for sale!

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:23 am

Pic of the two I have for sale. Just taken! One old style, one new.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:28 pm

A bit of history. I developed these a bit over 20 years ago. A buddy of mine with a Ural noted that with the sidecar windshield on, there was huge turbulence behind it and the open area where you step into the sidecar was a maelstrom of swirling wind that would soak the passenger when it rained and freeze them with windchill when it was cold out. We came up with this side curtain to cover that area and smooth the airflow around the passenger. With my buddy piloting his rig and me in the sidecar we drove of into a thunderstorm to test it out. With no curtain there, I felt the Tidybowl Man getting flushed as the rain swirled around my legs and feet. I put the curtain into place and Voila! It was like I had shut a valve! Now the air was blowing smoothly around me and the shield actually deflected the rain away from me.
Later, when visiting a bike museum during Uralfest in Indiana, I saw a WWII sidecar there that had a curtain similar to this. I had re-invented the wheel! My fathers generation came up with this stuff long ago. I just rediscovered it.
So it does make a huge difference in passenger comfort during any inclement weather. Best accessory I ever came up with in the years I did upholstery for these rigs.
Any questions, just ask below and I will come back to re-check the thread. If you want one, just PM me for the Pay Pal info. Thanks!
Sitting at home today with a roofing crew working like crazy all over the house and garage. Hope y'all are having a quieter day than we are!

xpatriot
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by xpatriot » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:09 pm

I have one of these and they are EXCELLENT. Rich's work is far superior to anything Ural has done. The vinyl is thick and I have the loops and how Rich does them is great- they hold wonderfully and don't chip off the paint like metal grommets do. The magnets are strong and secure. Snap these up asap anyone who wants less air/road mist, etc. around your legs, want a dog to feel like the tub is a bit more enclosed (they won't hold them in but it will make them feel secure) and wants a nice finished look to the tub.
2001 Patrol with ‘03 Wolf motor “The Beast of the East”

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:37 pm

xpatriot wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:09 pm
I have one of these and they are EXCELLENT. Rich's work is far superior to anything Ural has done. The vinyl is thick and I have the loops and how Rich does them is great- they hold wonderfully and don't chip off the paint like metal grommets do. The magnets are strong and secure. Snap these up asap anyone who wants less air/road mist, etc. around your legs, want a dog to feel like the tub is a bit more enclosed (they won't hold them in but it will make them feel secure) and wants a nice finished look to the tub.
Thanks Man! Comments like this are what kept me in business for 24 years!

dogboy443

Post by dogboy443 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Glad to see you here Rich.
Mark Masztal

2006 Ural Tourist, The Flying Pickle!

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Thanks Mark!

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:06 pm

OK folks. $100 each shipped. Not making more as I have home repairs to work on. PM me if interested.

snowymonkey

Post by snowymonkey » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:29 pm

I’ll take the one for the older style ( I have an 08 patrol).

Sending you a PM now.
“ The music moves me, but it moves me ugly” - Nickoli

2008 Ural Patrol - “Toothless”

Lake City Florida

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:21 am

PM replied to! Older style one is spoken for folks! Thank you! Newer style with blackened SS grommets for twist tabs is still available.

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:33 pm

Shipped! PM'd you the track info. Still one new style curtain for sale folks! :-)

snowymonkey

Post by snowymonkey » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:05 pm

Thanks. I’ll post up some pics once it arrives :)
“ The music moves me, but it moves me ugly” - Nickoli

2008 Ural Patrol - “Toothless”

Lake City Florida

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:22 am

The new style curtain on the left with the black moly resin coated SS eyelets still available. $100. PM me if you want it or have questions! Thanks!

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:04 pm

Rich Maund wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:22 am
have questions
Rich, did you ever make mudflaps with the embossed IMZ logo, with or without raised white for contrast? I've seen pics of the same, some time ago, but I wasn't able to ID the source.
Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650
1991 Bianchi Osprey
1952 Columbia RX-5 ('87, NOS)

Mdbanks

Post by Mdbanks » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:06 pm

Rich

I have a 2018 CT. Will these work on it? How do the panels attach to the sidecar?