Wtb sidecar floor pallet

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
4REICH
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Wtb sidecar floor pallet

Post by 4REICH » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:52 am

I searched the internet but was unable to find the proper terminology. Are wooden slats standard to spread the load of a passenger entering and exiting the sidecar? I would like to have something in place to prevent the inevitable doom when a bare floor gives out
13 ST solo
94 solo
74 M66
MT16

Claus
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Wtb sidecar floor pallet

Post by Claus » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:35 am

Are you talking about this part?
http://www.oldtimergarage.eu/catalog/pr ... cts_id=892

I had one in my side car. It was always banging on the floor, even on normal paved road. It was annoying and I gave it away free to get rid of it.
owned bikes: 93 Ural rig domestic model, 95 Suzuki DR 650 RSE, BMW R100GS, Suzuki GSX1100G rig, BMW R100R rig with Ural sidecar, Ural rig with BMW drivetrain under construction,

Speedbump
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by Speedbump » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:17 am

Search for duck boards.
Glen³
2015 Retro.

Previous rides:
1977 GS550
1979 XS750

Lokiboy

Post by Lokiboy » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:20 am

Bed Bath and Beyond sells wooden shower floor mats that work very well.
2011 Gear Up - "Erika"
Yorktown, VA

Mains: 127, Idle: 40, Needle: 1 shim
MKIII air filter
100,000 km and counting

robp
Comrade
Comrade

Post by robp » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:18 am

Perforated or solid plastic garage floor tiles might be an option - they would allow airflow underneath to dry out any moisture.

rivers

Post by rivers » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:54 am

I would like to have something in place to prevent the inevitable doom when a bare floor gives out
Is that really an issue where you are? Maybe move your camp above the high tide line. ;) I suspect you live in the rustbelt/road salt part of the US? If you're worried about the tub floor rusting through I highly suggest drilling out the drain holes larger and toss the silly rubber floor mat in the trash. All that thing does is trap moisture and promotes rusting the floor. Rinse out the tub often and thoroughly then run it with the tonneau cover off and let the air flow dry it out. I like the duck boards but not for any perceived added structural strength but rather to keep the passengers feet or cargo out of any standing water. I don't live in the rust belt but do live in rain country so standing water and fir needles plugging the drain holes can be an issue.
Joe
014 GU
"I'm lost but I'm making good time."