2000 Deco Classic for Sale

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
BigJames
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: 2000 Deco Classic for Sale

Post by BigJames » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Cannot believe no one has snagged this. Really is a sweet running one owner 650 Deco. Yes, she has owned it since new! Pretty sure it came from Adirondack Ural and was maintained by the old CMSI folks in Abbeville, SC when they were around. Bike looks good, and as you can see in the video I posted earlier, can hold it's own with the 750s or even my BMW powered Sportsman. Only Nightblues made it further and when he is in that mode, stopping is not an option...was for us. Has late model thick splined drive shaft, keihen 32mm carbs, late model nippodenso alternator, newish cables and so on. She also has 3.91 gearing so it can keep up with traffic, within reason. Current motor runs almost unbelievably good. Surprised harryball hasn't gotten it for his daughter! If I didn't have 3 already, it would be in my garage now. Unfortunately, 3 Urals, 2 Harleys (rig and servicar), a Honda dirt bike and generator and related minutia has it filled! Someone needs to get this beautiful rig before she gets frustrated and scraps it. No longer fits her life (as much as I disagree with that statement, it's her life not mine) or worse, puts the sidecar on her ancient husband's HD (think I have the adjectives in the right order there, or is that husbands ancient HD, but I digress.). Excellent entry level bike and great for anyone wanting to learn the old Ural ways! NOT a project, she's a runner!
BigJames
15 Ural M70
11 Ural Retro (100K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (232K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

BigJames

Post by BigJames » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:28 pm

with mixed emotions, can report there is a sale pending on this venerable old rig. Apparently the potential buyer saw it here whilst lurking around...
BigJames
15 Ural M70
51 HD Servicar

Snakeoil

Post by Snakeoil » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Guess the Deco rigs were based on the solo bikes since the rig has a side stand.
Regards,
Rob
Proud member of the Peanut Gallery
2000 Ural Tourist
40 Pilots, 122 Mains
Before you say something stupid, always ask yourself, "What would Harpo say?".

BigJames

Re: 2000 Deco Classic for Sale - SOLD

Post by BigJames » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:49 pm

My Retro also has the lug for the kickstand...think it was sold as a bike you could use either way, or something that most of us know is not a good idea.

This bike has been sold, it is heading to New Jersey.
BigJames
15 Ural M70
51 HD Servicar

darkhorse
Party Member
Party Member

Post by darkhorse » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:37 pm

I believe the differentiator for two wheel riding with Urals is the front fork. The Decos came with the telescopic fork. I think the Retros did as well. The leading link forks found on most of the other rigs are not recommended for two wheel riding.
2001 Ural Deco Classic
PowerArc Ignition

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.