Milwaukee Craigslist - CJ750 M1M - $1,950

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
Eric N
Comrade General
Comrade General

Milwaukee Craigslist - CJ750 M1M - $1,950

Post by Eric N » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:34 am

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ ... 24698.html

Not mine, doesn't appear to have a title. Could be an interesting money pit if someone wanted a tinkering project.
2018 Gear Up
2013 Retro Solo
2001 Patrol - Sold

mtrdrms
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Milwaukee Craigslist - CJ750 M1M - $1,950

Post by mtrdrms » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Dang, that's pretty cool. Always wanted a flathead...
- Andy

Everyday. No excuses.
2013 Patrol

rivers

Post by rivers » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:03 pm

If it weren't for the lack of title, it'd be a fun project with useable potential. Yeah, I like flatheads ;)
Joe
014 GU
"I'm lost but I'm making good time."

4REICH

Post by 4REICH » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:26 pm

I'm in Nevada where titles are relatively easy to obtain. Shipping is keeping me from buying it
13 Ural ST solo
94 solo

737AV8OR

Post by 737AV8OR » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Has anyone around here acquired a title by submitting MSO documents? Here in Minnesota there seems to be a process for applying for a title where none currently exists but none of it seems to be set in stone. It all seems to be at the discretion of the DMV on a case by case basis with no guarantees.

This looks like it would be a fun project and it is close enough for me to fetch it with my trailer but I'm concerned it would just be a large paperweight if I was unable to obtain a title.

I know each state is different but I'd like to here how involved the title process was for you if you've gone through the process with a Manufacturers Statement of Origin. I've heard some horror stories but never heard from anyone who has actually gone through the process.
2015 Ural Gear Up
1975 Honda CB750K5

mtrdrms

Post by mtrdrms » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Each state is different. A quick search shows that MN does require a title but not sure on that. In CT, the cutoff is 20 years. Older and no title is needed. Newer and you need a title.
I registered a bike with just a certificate of origin once that was not originally intended for street use but I needed the local PD to verify the VIN and I needed a form from Yamaha about vehicle compliance. Where there's a will, there's a way.
- Andy

Everyday. No excuses.
2013 Patrol

4REICH

Post by 4REICH » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:12 pm

I've dealt with mso. Last year I bought a new Moto Guzzi out of state, the dealer gave me an mso took that in and got a title. They have to title a mso I don't understand what the worry is, I wouldn't have any reservations about buying a bike with one. In the mid 2000's I bought a 1995 harley really cheap without a title and an aftermarket frame. I took the bill of sale and got a California title without an inspection. I got away with using the engine vin#. Then I get a letter stating my bike needs a vin check as another bike in Florida has the same number. The po didn't tell me the history which was he had crashed the bike, sold the frame and title to someone in Florida sold me the motor and a paperless chopper frame. He just said it was an unfinished project that had to go due to an out of state move. I called paughco, producers of the frame and they gave me a mso for 35bucks took that to the dmv, got the forms took the bike to the highway patrol for a vin inspection got signed off and a new title was issued. I was told an mos is like a birth certificate
13 Ural ST solo
94 solo

chang jiang bill
Party Member
Party Member

Post by chang jiang bill » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:50 am

I found the ad a little odd. "I converted the bike from 6 volt to 12 volt". It's an M1M, it's already a 12 volt. It has the distributor mounted on the left side of the engine. A 6 volt would have it under the front cover. Also, a 6 volt would have a small battery tray welded at the base of the frame, just behind the tranny. "This bike has a more rigid frame"? Compared to what? It's a plunger frame, unless he means that he did something wrong and the rear suspension is seized. And what's with the photos? If you are going to take pictures, rmove the tarp from the top of the sidecar. It makes it look as though you're trying to hide something. Just my opinion.

Bill

windmill

Post by windmill » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:54 pm

chang jiang bill wrote:I found the ad a little odd. "I converted the bike from 6 volt to 12 volt". It's an M1M, it's already a 12 volt. It has the distributor mounted on the left side of the engine. A 6 volt would have it under the front cover. Also, a 6 volt would have a small battery tray welded at the base of the frame, just behind the tranny. "This bike has a more rigid frame"? Compared to what? It's a plunger frame, unless he means that he did something wrong and the rear suspension is seized. And what's with the photos? If you are going to take pictures, rmove the tarp from the top of the sidecar. It makes it look as though you're trying to hide something. Just my opinion.

Bill
Also,

"Just as reliable for a fraction of the cost" Just as reliable as what? Seems kind of spurious, certainly not a late model Ural.

"I've successfully titled my other two in IL no problem." If its no problem then why not do it for this one, or simply state no title.
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018 M70

Tuglife
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Tuglife » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Don’t think you’ll have much luck calling China for an MSO for this. In Maryland, DC VA no title is no title. The lady at DMV told me the ONLY way to title a non title vehicle was to sue them in civil court and get a judges order forcing title issuance. Some states are easy, very easy. Many are not possible. I’d research your state first. Oh and the old mail it to Nevada online services are now kaput or a scam. That loophole for out of staters is closed.

Edit: he says he has MSO. Hmm. That sounds questionable as to it’s usefulness/validity. His already filled out paperwork would only do you any good if you lived in WI. Your state won’t accept their forms. Tempting if I were closer to see what the paperwork really was.
1971-1973 M-66 FrankenUral w/ M-67 powerplant.
Baltimore, MD
U.S. Merchant Marine Officer

4REICH

Post by 4REICH » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Im in Nevada. Couldn't believe how easy it was to title paperless frames I got last year. You don't know until you try
13 Ural ST solo
94 solo