Bikes & Breakfast NY this Sunday

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
stagewex
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Bikes & Breakfast NY this Sunday

Post by stagewex » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:58 am

http://www.bikesandbreakfast.com

Every 1st Sunday of the month.
8:00am to 11:00am
243 Route 9W, Palisades, New York 10964

Tiny NJ-NY border town of Palisades, NY, basically following the Hudson River. Some great local roads cut right into the rock of the Palisades Cliffs themselves (Thank-You WPA and the 1929+ Depression) that lead down to the river.
Even though they list it as "B&B NY" it's really a New Jersey kinda ride being so close (by a few hundred feet) from Bergen County/North Jersey.
Usual casual meet-up joint on Rt. 9W. Always lots of interesting bikes to look at and either a jump-off to longer rides upstate NY or a quickie before going home to mow the lawn or watch football.

With Sunday work and other conflicts I have not gone in about a year. Not riding my Ural but there always seems to be one or two in attendance.
Super easy for the Bergen County and Rockland County guys to get to.
Excellent food in what was the last standing Indian dealership (the REAL Indians) in New York.
Sunny & in the 50's... perfect.

If you think you might go shoot me a PM. My plan is to get there early, droll at other classic & vintage bikes, eat, drink coffee, ride the cliff roads and be home by noon. But anything can happen? I'll be riding a ... who knows?

IMG_8786.JPG

This is early. It does get crowded especially with bicycles which share this location with the motorcyclists. On 2-wheels come anytime but on 3... come early or you'll have to park on 9W. Plus you won't enjoy the crowd gushing at your Ural which they always do:
IMG_8789.JPG
IMG_8791.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stagewex

Current Herd all running amok:
2008 Vespa 150S (Elec & Kick Start)
2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
2006 Honda "Big Ruckus" PS250
2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)

stagewex

Re: Bikes & Breakfast NY this Sunday

Post by stagewex » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:13 pm

A Sunny but chilly start to the day at 40 degrees but guess that'll be "warm" in about a month. Headed downriver on the NY side around 8:00am, over the GWB and then north in NJ on 9W barely a few hundred feet back into NY. About 22 miles.

Great gathering, couple nice sidecars. One of them was a BMW with factory auxiliary fuel pods on each side. Have only seen them in pictures on the vintage sites and FleaBay, never in person.

After a nice hot cup of coffee and a cheddar/bacon/egg on a roll I went for a ride with a friend, his brother and father. These guys had some of the most beautiful vintage steel at the B&B:
1961 r69 "S", first year model, mechanically restored. Rest as original.
1974 r90 "S", first year model in Silver Smoke (these were handpainted and airbrushed)
1953 Indian, sadly the last year for the real Indians. Appropriate that "The Market" was at one time an Indian Dealership.
Check out Mr. T's kickstarting method of this Beast... he's 74 years old and barely 160lbs. wet.

The guys took a ride with me south along the Palisades. Sun now warm on our backs, a glorious Fall day in full Autumn color. Almost felt honored to be riding along with motorcycles like this. Got home around 12:30pm.

Next B&B is Sunday, December 1st

Stagewex

cookiemech
Party Member
Party Member

Post by cookiemech » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 am

Nice video! You were in good company there, with the Indian and older BMWs.
2014 Ural Gear-Up

stagewex

Post by stagewex » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:40 am

As it gets colder & colder it's only the diehards that come out. We'll see next month who makes it?
So far I'm "off" from work that day (Dec. 1st) so maybe the Ural or the K75. Something with heated anything, ha.
Stagewex

MartyL
Benevolent Emperor
Benevolent Emperor

Post by MartyL » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Mike, that’s my old stommpin’ grounds. Rode all over that area on my 1976 XS650C. Too bad they didn’t leave the old Indian dealership sign on that building.I remember for years stopping there when it was all closed down but the sign was still there. In Nyack, one of the only multi-brand dealerships in that area was,”House of Power”on Rt.59. I’d go there and check out the new bikes. I remember they used to have an old Vincent Black Shadow hanging up on display. Near there I used to go down to Piermont and head by the Hudson River. If you walk out by the marshes you can see the old foundations where they had WWII anti-aircraft Emplacements. Lots of Revolutionary war history all over that area. I’d ride often up the Palisades parkway north to Harriman state park to Perkins tower. They get lots of motorcycles up there. I’d go there and pick wild blueberries. From there I’d head over the Bear-mountain bridge to see the old bi-planes in Rhinebeck. I believe they have vintage car and motorcycle shows there from time to time. One of these Springs I’m want to Rent a Harley from the Harley Dealer in Nanuet, N.Y. On Rt. 304 , cruise around the area and visit old friends that are still around. I’ll definitely keep you posted.
2010 Gear Up
1976 Yamaha XS650C
2018 H-D FLHXS
Peace.... God Bless our brave soldiers defending our freedom. God Bless America!
As I get older, I see the wisdom in Hannibal Lecter......
Ladies,Do your part! Prevent MSB often! Save mankind!!!

stagewex

Post by stagewex » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Yep, those are all my regular haunts too Marty though lately I have been doing more off-road than street riding.
Let me know when you are up north visiting family and you can take out one of my horde for the week. Don't rent.
Stagewex