Spring in Colorado NOT in Moab

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
ReCycled
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Re: Spring in Colorado NOT in Moab

Post by ReCycled » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:20 pm

Kaliram wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:30 am
I haven't seen the Facebook postings(s). However, I do remember that in Spring 2018, when a bunch of us Soviet Steed folk were in Moab, there was another group of close-knit couples, who, I believe, were from Southern California, staying at Archview for the week. They never rode with us, and did their own adventures. - Could this be them?

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's too late for me to plan for the 2100 mile drive there for this year, but I'm game to start planning ffg or 2021 :)
David B.
'07 Ural Twourist

TCTeardrops

Post by TCTeardrops » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:53 am

We are from Wisconsin and travel to Moab every Spring at this time so it fit right in to our trip. Being that there are little details about this I will find out more when we are there and hopefully get it more established for 2021. I will do a update after the trip with you

siberman1
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by siberman1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Kaliram wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:30 am
....snip.... there was another group of close-knit couples, who, I believe, were from Southern California, staying at Archview for the week. They never rode with us, and did their own adventures. - Could this be them?
I think I met this "CA group" in 2019 at Archview. They sort of kept to themselves, but very friendly. They even has a Semi-PotLuck dinner in one of the cabins at Archview. Unfortunately, the very next day they were gone.

Any update on Moab 2020 with the Corona deal? Curious.

YMMV
Sent from my laptop using OEM fingers, ordinary Mouse, and LCD-screen
2014 полынь зеленый гU
Сибирь Экспресс #2

Zero payments

Spat
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Spat » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:58 pm

Spat
FLHGSSXDR.Patrol
Proud member of the Patrol Patrol

Fall in love with a person who enjoys your madness
Red Green: If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.
Red Green: Duct tape or zip tie,,, fixed is fixed

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
Irwin Corey

Dr.Tramp
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Dr.Tramp » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:59 pm

DirtyDR wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:41 pm
Ok guys and Gals, I have been doing a lot of thinking about this and I need a break from Moab. It is just getting too crowded and expensive so that and for a few personal reasons I am Taking a hiatus from Moab.

Now that said I am inviting anyone who wants to come ride Western Colorado for the last week in May if anyone is interested. We will base in Hotchkiss where I just happen to have a house and know the area fairly well. There is plenty of room at the fairgrounds for RV camping with water and electric, no dump but there is a dump station at the RV Park just outside of town. Speaking of that there is also a very nice and reasonably priced full service RV Park just outside of town. There is also a local Hotel/Motel in town and if enough people want to come out I will see if I can work a deal with her but the rates are already reasonable especially compared to Moab.

There is every kind of riding you can imagine just outside of town from a couple of desert canyons, Escalante and Dominguez, to BLM up to the rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. There is Grand Mesa also but most of the trails up there will most likely still be snowed in. Good trout fishing in the Gunnison river that runs right through town also if you want to break out that fly rod gathering dust.

After talking to Milo, Spat and Mr Cob I am thinking of the weekend of the 19th through the weekend of the 26th. The 27th of May is Memorial day for 2019 so if that conflicts I am willing to discuss things. I am trying to find a time that does not conflict with too many other things going on and this seemed like a good time schedule.

Just wanted to get this out there and see if anyone is interested.

Dana
I moved to Colorado after I got out of the Corps in 71 and over the years lived all over the state but after it became the new California I decided Wyoming was more to my liking. The Western Slope was always my favorite part, still have a brother in Palisade and my folks in Cortez.
Used to have some friends down the road from you in Gypsum that owned the Pastime Grill and you're not that far from my all time favorite motorcycle road, Hwy 141.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............

siberman1

Post by siberman1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:28 am

Spat wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:58 pm
Moab is closed

https://dehayf5mhw1h7.cloudfront.net/wp ... -FINAL.pdf

page 7 section 9
Thanks for info Spat. I see that Moab/Archview area is in Grand County UT.
I thought it might be closed or restricted or something. I wonder if Canyonlands and Arches NP are also closed? Not that it makes much difference in terms of the Closure Order...

I have been working on making my Camper/Toy-Hauler (converted from empty box cargo trailer) able to be completely "Off-Grid". It has not been as easy as I thought it would be, but I am getting there. I can now monitor both 12v and 120v input/output with meters so I won't get "stuck" somewhere.

FWIW, I bought an Alpicool C22 Travel fridge, extremely efficient, very low power useage (12v/120v), and 1/4 the cost of Dometic stuff. Review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFzy-6LCnTE

I'll just go steelhead and/or (regular) trout fishing instead.

YMMV
Sent from my laptop using OEM fingers, ordinary Mouse, and LCD-screen
2014 полынь зеленый гU
Сибирь Экспресс #2

Zero payments