Ural Tonneau Management

Here is where the best of "how to" posts and instructional videos will be posted. No more sticky posts clogging up the General Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section
Forum rules
This is the place for the best of & "How to" posts, please post your stuff in the General Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section and the admins or moderators will move them to this section if they are worthy.
BigVic64
Comrade
Comrade

Ural Tonneau Management

Post by BigVic64 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:22 am

Greetings,

I'm guessing this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything.

I have a 1998 Ural Deco Classic. I'm trying to find a way to either remove or fold the tonneau for passengers. It looks like its held in the front by the windshield and it seems too large to fold.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

S 854
Commissar
Commissar

Re: Ural Tonneau Management

Post by S 854 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:50 am

Pull the 5 leather straps holding the windshield skirt... they also hold the tonneau cover on the front...

Julie just rolls the cover and tucks it under the nose of the car above her knees...
'07 Arctic: The Russian Raucous Ship

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out...

rougaroo
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Ural Tonneau Management

Post by rougaroo » Fri May 31, 2019 12:19 pm

Something that wasn't obvious to me until it was pointed out by a German friend - the windshield was made originally to lower into the tub when you didn't have a passenger. Just unattach the skirt and lower the windshield onto the seat. The tonneau then attaches to the same metal brackets the window skirt was on and covers the entire lowered windshield assembly. Have a passenger? Just remove the tonneau and raise the windshield.

My tonneau folds pretty well along the lines of the tub opening, then folded in thirds. It lives in a bag in the trunk when not in use.

Rougaroo
2003 Tourist - lotsa upgrades
2004 Troyka - work in progress