Ural: understand & servicing electric starter

Here is where the best of "how to" posts and instructional videos will be posted. No more sticky posts clogging up the General Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section
Forum rules
This is the place for the best of & "How to" posts, please post your stuff in the General Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section and the admins or moderators will move them to this section if they are worthy.
lomax
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Re: Ural: understand & servicing electric starter

Post by lomax » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Thank you so much for doing these videos Van. They are most helpful. :bow:

Marc
84 R100RS LE,14 Ducati MTSGT,14 Hyperstrada, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 13 TR650, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 01 200EXC, 77 HD XLCR, 15 Enfield Classic. https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gobium » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:15 pm

lomax wrote:Thank you so much for doing these videos Van. They are most helpful. :bow:

Marc
Welcome.

wackowoody

Post by wackowoody » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:13 pm

I know this is an old post, but does anyone know where you can get brushes or a rebuild kit for the ural starter. Not needed now, just curious. Like others my starter has shorted on the case twice toasting and shrinking the negative polarity springs. I guess the two little pieces of cardboard in the case that are suppose to prevent arcing don't work that well. I've now added a few strips of heat shrink at the top of the magnets where the hot copper wires are. Time will tell if this helps.

Oh and a huge thank you to Gobium. Your videos just helped me through a FD and clutch rebuild.