2017 Gear Up, Rough Idle, Poor low end power, Somewhat hard start

Woe unto you that bought the first model year of a major remake, perhaps this section can help address any 2014 and later model Ural "imperfections". Here's a special section for folks with the latest rigs to discuss 2014 and later model-related topics such fuel injection, 3-wheel disc brakes, hydraulic steering dampers, spin-on oil filters and other anomalies that don't belong on true Russsian motorcycle ;-P We've gone from using big hammers and greasy wrenches to needing computers and Ouija boards in order to fix our rigs.
Forum rules
Please keep this section specific to issues pertaining to 2014 and later models such as fuel injection, sidecar and rear disc brakes and so forth. Ask general or non-2014 and later specific questions in the main Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
Mr Wazzock
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Re: 2017 Gear Up, Rough Idle, Poor low end power, Somewhat hard start

Post by Mr Wazzock » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:08 pm

What would be the connector on the spark pack side of the wire set? I assume that it is a standard ish connector. doing some digging around it looks like Harley uses a similar or same connector. It dose seem that the coils have issues pushing through 6Kohm so lower resistance would be good
The Delphi coils (Electrojet system) have a pointed screw thread in the bottom of the plug wire hole, you just screw the plug wire onto it. Slide the insulator boot over the top, job done. :D

This is copper core wire of course.
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:20 pm

windmill wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:32 am
I'm curious about the method used to hear the injectors.
So am I! :lol:

Fuel injector testing and cleaning, by Gobium 2016

Mike H

Lets_Eat_Paint_Chips

Post by Lets_Eat_Paint_Chips » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:35 am

In the bush league that i come from the trick of using any peace of straight solid medal as a mechanics stethoscope is common. socket extensions mostly, but i think i used the handle for the toolkits spark plug tool
Proud owner of a not pristine 2017 Ural Gear-up in Woodland camo. Its a daily, it's not perfect, and I'm fine with that

Lets_Eat_Paint_Chips

Post by Lets_Eat_Paint_Chips » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:14 pm

Welp the new injector did not do the job, I now Have a spare injector, gonna get the stoff together to make an OBD cable. hopefully I can get the throttle bodies balanced and not have to trek this unit 2000Km. I did call my dealer and it seems very time consuming to try to balance the throttles without a computer link
Proud owner of a not pristine 2017 Ural Gear-up in Woodland camo. Its a daily, it's not perfect, and I'm fine with that

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:56 pm

and it seems very time consuming to try to balance the throttles without a computer link
I was told, impossible without OBD plugged in (computer or smart phone with app)

A gnat's whisker turn of either throttle stop screw makes a big difference, ditto the cable adjusters, and it's very easy to get it way off without the computer showing you what's going on. Other people have drilled the TB's for vacuum gauges.

Most ideal of course is what the dealer uses, which I dont think just anybody can get hold of.

That system also gets you lots of other numbers and info that you couldn't otherwise know about.
Mike H

Lets_Eat_Paint_Chips

Post by Lets_Eat_Paint_Chips » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:28 am

Well ive been trolling through the forums, apparently the computers on these bycs are OBD2, but not the standard automotive plug. I am attempting to make a cable based off of Motorcycle Mariner's Connect to ECU thread
https://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtop ... 23&t=47343
I am aware that my byc dose not have the 6 pin ECU Connector. I be leave it was Albuquralque that found the right connector for the 2017 units (and up?) Ordered off of Newark form the links after re cajigering into Canadian peso

Lets_Eat_Paint_Chips

Post by Lets_Eat_Paint_Chips » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:12 am

I got everything together and built by OBD Cable, I managed to not screw this up (mostly). I am able to plug up to the scan tool I have, but it seams I can only pick up the what I believe is the left cylinder (weather it is the left or not it doesn't mater, I can't seam to set up get both ). I have a ELM 327 (The Princess Auto specials) and am using torque lite. I plan on getting the OBDLink LX, because I know this will work from the Connected to ECU's and Balanced Throttle Bodies!!!!!!! posts. I probably am taking a roundabout method to actually fixing my problems.
I didn't buy the scan tool I have for this (ELM327), I have had it for years for my Found On Road Dead, which I have not needed a lot for