Denver, Colorado - City on the Side sidecar tours

Where have you been riding? Tell us all about your trip. Prove it with pictures! If ya didn't take pictures, it didn't happen...
Forum rules
This is the place for you to post reports about your rides. Remember the mantra: "If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen".
DrFaulken
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Denver, Colorado - City on the Side sidecar tours

Post by DrFaulken » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:09 am

We flew out to Denver to ride around the Mile High City with Scott Kirkwood of City on the Side ( https://www.cityontheside.com ). Scott is closing out his 30+ year career, and decided he wanted to do something different with his life. Two years ago he started City on the Side, and worked full time during the week and gave sidecar tours during the weekend. Now he has 3 bikes and a crew of other Ural riders to handle the demand.

This was the first time I rode in the sidecar. It was really weird at first -- giving up the control, and the "sameness" of being on a Ural, but experiencing it from a different perspective in the chair. I had a great time, smiled a ton, and was pleased to be able to concentrate on waving and talking to people instead of the road :)

We rode with Scott and one of his "sidecarists" Phil on Saturday, and sat down for a chat on Sunday. Here's our first episode.

America By Sidecar -- follow us! Instagram || YouTube || Facebook || Blog

2018 Ural GearUp Sahara

Site supporter: 2018, 2019

MartyL
Benevolent Emperor
Benevolent Emperor

Re: Denver, Colorado - City on the Side sidecar tours

Post by MartyL » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:03 pm

:clap: :boogie: :clap:
The next time I'm in Denver I hope you go for a spin on one of the tours. Kudos to Scott for taking the leap and creating such a cool business. :cheers:
2010 Gear Up
1976 Yamaha XS650C
2018 H-D FLHXS
Peace.... God Bless our brave soldiers defending our freedom. God Bless America!
As I get older, I see the wisdom in Hannibal Lecter......
Ladies,Do your part! Prevent MSB often! Save mankind!!!