Sidecar side curtains available.

This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to peddle their Ural/Dnepr related wares. One caveat only, all listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Forum rules
This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to advertise and sell their Ural or Dnepr related wares. All listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Sidecar side curtains available.

Post by Rich Maund » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:49 pm

Folks

I have 5 sidecar side curtains available. Two with black canvas outside layer with leather grain black vinyl facing inwards and three with double layer black leather grain vinyl.

I can finish them to order with either black leather patch grommets and snap on tabs for older rigs with steel loops up front. OR.... I can stall black SS marine eyelets up front for newer rigs. To attach the tail of it you can chose an eyelet with a twist tab base. Requires two 1/8" holes drilled and I supply the SS fasteners for it. OR I can install a small but powerful neodymium magnet under a patch of vinyl at the rear. Very convenient and the layer prevents paint scratches.

$125 shipped in the USA.

Sales pitch: I have been making these for over 20 years. They do a great job of stopping the turbulent airflow that rushes into the sidecar step thru opening as you go down the road. Keeps the passenger warmer in winter and drier when it rains! Pay Pal accepted. Ships one business day after payment via priority mail. PM me if you'd like one! It's Fall! Perfect time to use one of these on your sidecar! Thanks!

I know I have used this photo before. But it is just so can see what they look like. This batch is all black as described above. So thet all will look #3 or #4.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

bratmanxj
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Sidecar side curtains available.

Post by bratmanxj » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:50 am

Just to add a bit to Rich's sales pitch...
Last year when I got the bike the munchkin complained about it being windy in the hack. I purchased a door in the spring and the kid loves it and hasn't complained once this riding season.
1999 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
2007 Ural Tourist - The Big Red Brick
Chinese Knock off Honda Trail 70 rescued from the in-laws shed
1984 Suzuki LT125 Quadrunner
Boats, Jets Skis and other fun stuff.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Thanks for that Brat! Yes. That is why Sid Pollard and I developed these back in the 90's. His idea and my upholstery work. Then Sid took me on as passenger and he drove me thru a thunder storm to test them! Only good friends or crazy people do that for you! I could put it in place and suddenly I was in clean air with no rain swirling in at my feet! I knew right then we were on to something good! His old rig, now owned my Dnepr Tim and his wife, still has that first side curtain on it twenty years later!

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:22 pm

I finished a couple for the older rigs since I had to spend this afternoon making leather patch grommets for an old style tonneau. These are a bit more trouble to make than the new version that you just install an eyelet on. The leather patch has to sewn one stitch at a time as it is thick belt leather. These two are available to new homes! Both have the neodymium magnets sewn in at the rear so installation is a breeze! If I can make time tomorrow, I'll finish a couple of the new style ones with eyelets up front! The right side one is doubled leather grain vinyl and the left side one is black boat top canvas backed with black leather grain vinyl. The double layer construction means no flapping and excellent durability.

$125 shipped in the USA. PM me if you want one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:58 pm

The boat canvas one is sold. The doubles vinyl one is still available! I'll be happy to prep more to order. Thank you!

disposable

Post by disposable » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:52 am

Do you have a source for the oval metal grommets?
2014 Gear Up
previous-
2009 Triumph Bonneville
Classcode 03-K64, Firefly

sKiZo
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by sKiZo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:37 am

Question - does use of a side curtain affect driver buffeting if you're running the car without a cover? I know changing the car's windshield can make a big diff in wind deflection, and I'd think blocking wind coming from the open car would be noticeable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Evil Kneivel? He got nuttin' on me!
2011 Ural T
Handicap mods include Raceway foot box, tank shifter w/reverse, and DIY rear brake pedal mods.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:48 am

disposable wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:52 am
Do you have a source for the oval metal grommets?
You can order those from any marine store. The ones I get are SS and I have to bead blast them and then paint them black so they resemble the painted brass ones that Ural uses. These are used on the 2013 and newer rigs.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:55 am

sKiZo wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:37 am
Question - does use of a side curtain affect driver buffeting if you're running the car without a cover? I know changing the car's windshield can make a big diff in wind deflection, and I'd think blocking wind coming from the open car would be noticeable.
IME the sidecar windshield can throw a major blast of wind up at the side of the riders face. It also causes a huge low pressure area in the sidecar and that is what sucks all the wind in thru the step thru area to swirl around the passengers legs and feet. Same thing happens in a convertible with the top down. Your hair gets blow forwards vice back! That is the air rushing in to fill the vacuum caused by the windshield. The curtain won't smooth out the air for the driver. But it does make a big difference to the passenger and smooths the airflow around them at speed.

This just my opinion. But I think the factory windshields are too tall. Cut them down so the passenger can just see over them and they work a lot better. They still shelter the passenger and will blast less air at the rider. Bandsaws are very handy for this.

ETA: I think keeping the tonneau on any time you have no passenger will steady the airflow better. Same way a bed cover on a pick up truck can smooth it out so you gain a mpg.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:01 pm

That cloth one on the left is on its way to its new home. Thanks! Still four more available! PM me if interested.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:15 pm

Bump. I'll be happy to finish some more if wanted! PM me. Thanks!

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Bump. More of these still available! PM me if you'd like one! Busy in the shop this week, so I'll be happy to finish some more.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Another one on its way to it's new home today!
Still have one in black canvas backed in black vinyl I can finish for old or new style front fasteners as well as a all black vinyl one in the same state. Both have magnets sewn into the rear. I will ship within one business day after I see the PP payment. PM me if interested! Thanks for keeping me in business this Winter folks!

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Bump. Still have one black canvas and one black all vinyl one in stock ready to finish with whichever front attachments you need! Both already have magnets sewn inside at the back. No drilling needed for installation! $125 each shipped in the usa. PM me if you want one! Thanks! I can still get it in the mail before Thanksgiving!

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:15 pm

Folks. I was down with the flu the last week. Back to work now catching stuff up. Still have these two side curtains here I can finish to order and get right out for you!