Sidecar interior carpet set for sale

This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to peddle their Ural/Dnepr related wares. One caveat only, all listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Forum rules
This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to advertise and sell their Ural or Dnepr related wares. All listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Sidecar interior carpet set for sale

Post by Rich Maund » Fri May 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Folks
I am finishing up a full 9 pc set of sidecar interior carpets this evening. Just a meter or so of Velcro to sew in and the set is ready. My old laptop is off line and I am now working from a cheap Walmart tablet, so I don't have pics on file to use. But I have posted these for sale quite a few times over the years and everyone likes them. The carpet is dark gray poly ribbed outdoor carpet. 9 pieces cut to fit the floor and the front, middle and trunk sides plus a welcome mat to protect the main floor carpet. Each piece is fully edge bound and has a number of yard of Velcro sewn on the backsides that you peel and then stick the panels in place with.

These provide a cooler touch to your passenger on a hot sunny day compared to the bare painted steel and in the winter the sides are less cold to the touch. So it is practical as it is good looking.

I have not raised my prices since 2010. I've been in business doing this since 1996. I was kinda shocked to see that the carpet and industrial Velcro has all gone up 25% since I last stocked up in the Fall. Postage is now crazy too, so that is reflected in the price.

The full 9 Pc set shipped priority mail in the USA is $350. Contact me via PM if you wish to purchase. I accept Pay Pal for payments. I'll get a fresh pic of the set tomorrow before the storms hit and post that here.

Also, I have a roll of outdoor dirt tan colored carpet here I can make a set with. (With tan edging.) Perfect for your Desert or camo rig! Contact me if you'd like that built. I have taxes due, so I am at your service. ;-)
Last edited by Rich Maund on Fri May 03, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Re: Sidecar interior carpet set for sale

Post by Rich Maund » Fri May 03, 2019 4:32 pm

I found I had a pic of an identical set on my phone. So here's what it all looks like.

ETA: OK, this set is complete and ready to ship. PM me if you want it. Also, I will have another full set just like this done over the weekend. So TWO full 9 Pc sets are available! Come on folks! Accessorize your Ural and I get to pay my property taxes! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheWarriorInside

Post by TheWarriorInside » Sat May 04, 2019 11:04 am

how much?

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Sat May 04, 2019 11:30 am

TheWarriorInside wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:04 am
how much?
$350 shipped in the USA priority mail.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Sat May 04, 2019 11:35 am

Slight change of plans folks. This morning I cut up that remnant of sand colored outdoor carpet. Only problem is it was a smaller piece and I could only make a 7 Pc set out of it. So it'll cover the floor and the sides up front. But will not have pieces to cover the sides inside the trunk. But for those of you 2WD owners, this shouldn't be an issue as your trunks are packed with so much stuff and you have so much gear bolted to the sides of them, that you'd rather not remove it all to install the carpet pieces. As a bonus, the price on the sand colored set will be reduced to $250 shipped in the USA.

So the dark gray full 9 Pc set is for sale at $350 shipped in the USA. And there will be a sand colored 7 Pc set for sale at $250 shipped in the USA. Both are available.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Sun May 05, 2019 8:18 am

Folks
Having bills due puts me in an awkwards situation. So I am willing to reduce my wage to down near minimum this time since I am basically working for the government and that is how they prefer their serfs. ;-)

$25 off the price of either set. But the sale is only for a few days. If my bills are late, then screw it. I'll need full price to cover the penalties.

Dark charcoal 9 Pc set $325 shipped in USA.
Sand colored 7 Pc set is $225.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Sun May 05, 2019 2:05 pm

Here's a pic of 6 of the 7 Pcs of the sand colored set. Not shown is the floor piece for the trunk. But it is included. Tan set is $225 shipped in the USA.

ETA: This is a nice type of carpet that is no longer made that I can find. It has a stiff black rubber coating behind it. This stuff is no longer made this way due to the EPA wanting to limit volatiles. The thicker dark gray carpet is all heat bonded at the rear to keep the fibers together. THat is good, but IME years of experience the rubber back carpet is the best material for sidecar use. I am still using the original pieces I made from gray rubber backed carpet in the 90s as patterns out in the shop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2372ighost
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by 2372ighost » Sun May 05, 2019 8:26 pm

I’ll take the 7 piece tan set for $225.00
Pm payment info.
Rich
2006 Ural Patrol “Green Hornet 🐝
2015 HD Road Glide FLTRUSE
2011 GSX 1250 FA
2011 KLR 650
2011 Husaberg 390 FE
1996 Suzuki Intruder 1400

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Sun May 05, 2019 8:40 pm

PM sent! Thanks! Sand colored set is now spoken for.

BTW folks, I have some tan outdoor carpet in stock I can build a set with. Same color as the tan edging on this sand colored set. If that interests anyone just PM me.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Mon May 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Rich Maund wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:32 pm
I found I had a pic of an identical set on my phone. So here's what it all looks like.

ETA: OK, this set is complete and ready to ship. PM me if you want it. Also, I will have another full set just like this done over the weekend. So TWO full 9 Pc sets are available! Come on folks! Accessorize your Ural and I get to pay my property taxes! :lol:

This full set is still available folks!

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Tue May 07, 2019 11:19 am

Folks

The sand set helped pay my bills for the month, but I still have property taxes looming over my head.

The full 9 Pc. dark gray set is now $300. Consider that it will cost me at least $30 to ship it to you in the USA, I believe that makes it a good bargain. These are hand made custom goods, not mass produced in Taiwan like so much Ural stuff is now a days. I've been in business doing this since 1996.
If I can't sell it at this price I'll shelve it and at the end of the year I'll destroy it and write it off my taxes. Save a life! Adopt this interior set! YOU can make a difference! LOL Just PM me for payment details. Thanks!

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Thu May 09, 2019 10:47 am

Dark gray set still available! $300 shipped priority mail ion the USA. Easy peel and stick application for each piece. PM me for payment info. Thanks!

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Fri May 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Dark gray set still available!

Wanderrad

Post by Wanderrad » Fri May 10, 2019 5:29 pm

If you haven't seen Rich's carpet sets, they are really nice! This is one of few farkles that I have purchased over the years, that my wife said was worth more than I paid, after she saw it installed on the rig.

GLWYS Rich :cheers:
-Scot

Current rides:
2018 Gear Up, Olive Drab Matte "Bad Penny"
2018 H-D Road King Special, Industrial Gray Denim

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Sat May 11, 2019 10:38 am

Wanderrad wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:29 pm
If you haven't seen Rich's carpet sets, they are really nice! This is one of few farkles that I have purchased over the years, that my wife said was worth more than I paid, after she saw it installed on the rig.

GLWYS Rich :cheers:

Thanks for that! Nice to have my work appreciated!
Tell you what folks. For this Mothers Day weekend only. $275 for the whole dark gray set. I don't want to be tripping over it out in the shop. I have it stacked up on the front fender of my Royal Enfield right now. I don't have a lot of space out there.