Sean's R3W Steering Damper kits ready to ship

This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to peddle their Ural/Dnepr related wares. One caveat only, all listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Forum rules
This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to advertise and sell their Ural or Dnepr related wares. All listings must include a price or the MSRP.
sean0262
Party Member
Party Member

Sean's R3W Steering Damper kits ready to ship

Post by sean0262 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:30 pm

Hey folks, I have Right 3rd Wheel (R3W) Steering Damper Kits ready to ship.

Update January 29th 2017: First off let me thank all you folks how have purchased my R3W Steering Damper kits. To make purchasing easier for many, All you have to do is send $150.00 through PayPal to sean0262@yahoo.com. And I will send the R3W Steering Damper kit out right away. It normally takes only 2 to 3 day to receive it in the mail. The Right 3rd Wheel R3W Steering Damper kit is now available on eBay as well. Just type in R3W Steering Damper in eBay motors. And please don't forget to ask about my other products and modifications.

This is the finest Ural steering damper system on the market. I use top quality Spherical Rod End with a PTFE coated Raced, and Clear Zinc Plating. High quality zinc plated metric fasteners with self locking nuts. And quality damper from a well known automotive suspension manufacturer. I hand make all my L-brackets from 4130 L-channel steel for strength and durability.

This R3W Steering Damper Kit is 100% bolt on. No welding or modifications of any kind.
R3W Steering Damper Kit 01.jpg
A 100% refund if you return the kit in 30 days if you are not completely satisfied. No questions asked.

Total for this quality product, shipped to your door via. USPS Priority Mail is only $150.00 anywhere in the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii.
To order just send me a PM (privet message) or email to sean0262@yahoo.com You can send a payment through PayPal. Check are also excepted just send me a PM for information.

This Product Will:
*Will reduce or completely eliminate all steering oscillation
*Will lessen Yaw in the initial acceleration and braking, reducing the amount of counter steering needed
*Will increase straight line tracking ability
*Will increase rider confidence, comfort and lessen fatigue
*Will reduce unwanted steering reaction when striking road imperfections such as pot-holes, road groves and uneven surfaces
*Will assist you in maintaining control of your Ural in and emergency situation

This Product Will Not:
*Will not Void your warranty
*Will not stick or dampen unevenly like friction disk units do
*Will not rupture, fail, leak and/or cause loss of control as the 2014 OEM dampers do
*Will not interfere with your steering ability if installed properly
*Will not interfere with you ability to control direction in normal or emergency situations
*Will not look out of place on your Ural like 2014 and up OEM dampers do
R3W SDK Full Left Turn 02.jpg
R3W SDK Full Right Turn 03.jpg
Rider Testimonies:
"DesertRat": This may be the best thing you can do for a Ural. The accel/decel yaw is almost completely gone. There's just enough to use in the curves. The whole rig feels more stable over bumps and potholes, it doesn't randomly change directions anymore, resulting in a far more confident rider. Sean is first class in customer service. He responded to my query very quickly, and actually shipped within an hour of my payment. His instructions are clear and concise, and left no doubt as to how to install the damper. Order on. You won't regret it.

"markdam": Super easy to install... Great pictograph and text step by step instructions. Reduces fatigue and jolts. Made any shimmy wobble or shake imperceptible. way more "planted " feel at speed.

"Navy TM": I installed one of Seans steering dampers on my Ural Tourist, and have put a little over 2,000 miles on the bike since installing, most of the mileage on the interstate highways traveling to the C.R.A.P. Rally (1600 miles) in Sanford NC. The damper removes about 50% (in my estimation) of the yawl one gets on acceleration and deceleration, plus when hitting unseen road hazards such as potholes the handlebars are not jerked out of ones hands. I am very pleased with the product, installation takes 15 or 20 minutes

"Flattop": I just put one on my 2012 GU, wow what a difference. If you have a friction washer you definitely need to convert to Sean's damper. The acceleration yaw is cut by 90% turning and accelerating (normal turn at slow speed) the yaw is very low and really makes the driving experience better.

"myklt8": Wow, my Ural handles like a sport bike now! Ok that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it does make a huge difference.
All can say is get one, you will not be disappointed. Thanks Sean

"Lmo": First time out with Sean's damper installed. WHAT A FR'N DIFFERENCE!!! Totally different machine in all speed ranges. I can finally take a hand off the bars to WAVE at other sidecarists.

"URAL CT": Here's my assessment of the sean0262 steering damper. I was totally satisfied with its performance around town. But...I thought the real test would be my trip from Texas towards New Mexico, Colorado & back. A total round trip distance of 4,375 kms & to dispel any doubts, the damper performed admirably throughout the whole trip. Tracked straight & managed the road surface imperfections in a steady manner...solid as expected. What else can I say...it works! Yes folks...this damper is one of the better mods I've done to my 2007 Patrol. Good on ya Sean!

"airkooled": I put Sean's damper on my 2004 Tourist 3 weeks ago. 20 minute install and the best modification that I have ever done.
A whole lot less fatigue, no jerky handles bars on those unexpected pot holes. For the price I believe you can not go wrong. Thanks Sean.

"stagewex": If you have a 2013 or older rig with the friction damper this is like the ephipany of drilling the slides or taking out the cats or adding Modtop free-flow exhaust. It's the first real upgrade I have done in years since adding the new style branch pipes & perch rings. Simple solution but someone actually had to do it. Absolutely worth it. If you have a 2014 and newer it's been pretty apparent from all the complaints that while a nice attempt, the original damper spec'd by IMZ is was a poor choice... just not up to the job. And a somewhat newer style that is similar if not the same as sean's lacks the appropriate hardware to make it work right. If I had a '14,'15' or '16 I'd take him up on his "try it and if you don't like it return it" offer.

If there is any Uralist that lives close to my location (Plainfield, IN) that owns a Retro, Deco or any Ural that is equipped with fork tubes instead of leading links. I will give and install my R3W Steering Damper kit if you allow me to use your rig so I can design a upper damper attachment bracket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sean0262 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Hey Folks, I'm looking for a solo Ural motorcycle. Any machine will do. from a Wolf, Solo or just a rig without it's sidecar. drop me a PM
Sean's R3W Steering Damper Kits for sale http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/view ... 67#p563367
R3W Steering Damper Reviews viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44242

kennymeyer
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Sean's R3W Steering Damper kits ready to ship

Post by kennymeyer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Just a quick shout out to Sean and his outstanding customer service. In swapping one of his dampeners between bikes I somehow managed to misplace, OK lose, the top shock bracket. Sent Sean a note and two days later a uniformed government employee delivered it to my door. Outstanding!!!! Thanks again my friend!
2013 Ural Tourist (1996 Tub)
2012 BMW R1200RT
Carrollton, TX

epix
Party Member
Party Member

Post by epix » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:52 am

Message sent! I'll take one.
2011 Ural Gear Up Forest
1997 Ural Sportsman 2WD (Type 3 Ignition) - SOLD
1997 Suzuki DR650 Supermoto
2008 Yamaha WR250R (306cc kit)
1985 Yamaha Big Wheel 200/1987 Big Wheel 350
1975 Honda CB200

sean0262
Party Member
Party Member

Post by sean0262 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:40 pm

It's on its way Pete!
Hey Folks, I'm looking for a solo Ural motorcycle. Any machine will do. from a Wolf, Solo or just a rig without it's sidecar. drop me a PM
Sean's R3W Steering Damper Kits for sale http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/view ... 67#p563367

BARACU
Comrade
Comrade

Post by BARACU » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Kudos to Sean on two counts. One for incredibly fast service. I ordered the R3W on Wed. afternoon and received it in PA at 9:30 this morning. Second for an outstanding product. As a bit of background...I bought a 2012 GU GOBI from a member here last September, never even having seen one up close in person. I had no experience in how it would ride or drive, so I thought that how it was , was how it should be. I would pull out of my drive turning left and it would have a severe wobble for 50 yards before it would settle in. Bumps, potholes and rough country roads were a handful to drive on, with constant steering corrections. I figured .."They all do that"....I played with the steering damper knob and hydraulic damper to corrrect the problems but it didn't seem to get much better, unless I had them turned in so tight that I almost couldn't steer.

After seeing the original post , I read up some more on the R3W and considered ordering one. I read Sean's claims and thought he might be "stretching it"..EXCEPT...he offered a full money back guarantee to back up his claims. I installed it today and went for a short 5 mile ride, hitting every bump, pothole ,manhole and rough section I could find and was absolutely amazed by the difference in my bike. His claims are no bull!

Aside from that, he seems to be a really great guy. I called him after my test to tell him just how impressed I was with his damper. We spent a considerable amount of time on the phone talking bikes and cars. He gave me some great tips on doing things to the URAL, willing to take his time to help me , a newcomer to Urals. You couldn't ask for any more from a guy. Thanks again, Sean.
2012 GEAR UP GOBI

Henry
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Henry » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:19 am

Sean:
Will this damper fit a 2013 Retro ? And would it make a big difference given the congenital from suspension?
Henry
Henry
Maryland
2013 Retro M70
Previous;
'71 BSA B50MX
'70 Bultaco 250 Pursang
'75 Triumph Bonneville T140

Henry
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Henry » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:23 am

Sorry! That should read "conventional " front end!
Henry
Maryland
2013 Retro M70
Previous;
'71 BSA B50MX
'70 Bultaco 250 Pursang
'75 Triumph Bonneville T140

sean0262
Party Member
Party Member

Post by sean0262 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:45 am

Henry, I have not had the opportunity to design a upper bracket on a retro yet. I have been unable to locate anyone close to my location who has one for me to use as a design-bed.

sasha_j
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by sasha_j » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:42 am

PayPal sent
Sasha J

http://www.laura-n-sasha.com
2014 Ural Gear Up, Sage Green, expertly dialed in by UNIQUE RIDES in Fort Collins, Colorado
Full Time RV'er with late-model wife

sean0262
Party Member
Party Member

Post by sean0262 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:17 am

Sasha, I received you order this morning and Dropped you R3W Steering Damper kit off at the post office this morning. Thank you for your order.

at_dirt
Comrade
Comrade

Post by at_dirt » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:08 am

Sean, thank you for getting the steering damper out to me so quickly. It was here in only a couple of days from across the country. I am excited to get it mounted up on my 2014 gear up. I also appreciate your fast response to if I would be able to use it with an ammo box mounted to the drivers side of the tub. That is great news that I can have both the ammo box(moved forward a bit) and the steering damper. The best of both worlds!

epix
Party Member
Party Member

Post by epix » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:13 am

Put mine on last night, took a total of maybe 30 minutes with just basic hand tools. Only put 10 miles on it thus far but instantly it gave the feeling of a more stable rig. When accelerating it pulled straight. Leaving Friday on a 2300+ mile trip and when I get back I'll write up an update/review of the R3W Steering Damper.
2011 Ural Gear Up Forest
1997 Ural Sportsman 2WD (Type 3 Ignition) - SOLD
1997 Suzuki DR650 Supermoto
2008 Yamaha WR250R (306cc kit)
1985 Yamaha Big Wheel 200/1987 Big Wheel 350
1975 Honda CB200

demonio

Post by demonio » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:04 pm

email sent.
2008 Ural Patrol

sean0262
Party Member
Party Member

Post by sean0262 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:34 pm

Okay folks, I'm down to my last R3W Steering Damper kit. So how ever places the order first gets it. But don't worry folks, my next batch of 40 will be ready for shipment by the end of next week.

jae
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by jae » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:04 pm

thanks for the reminder. got busy at work yesterday and never got around to actually sending money to you. paypal sent.
'14 Patrol purchased 1/9/16, OR 1.02 map, 497km on first engine. New engine, throttle bodies, throttle cable, rear brake pads/rotor, final drive and 2wd shaft u-joints as of 8/20/16. Mods

'92 Honda Z50 (125cc now), '04 Yamaha PW50 for the boy, '06 Suzi GSX-R 600, '07 Hyosung GV650 project, '05 Hyosung GT650 project