Seats

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
nods64

Seats

Post by nods64 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:28 am

Hi Folk's newbie here so sorry if this one comes up a lot,
I have a 2015 with what you would call a standard motorcycle seat and I want to put the two separate seats on the front being like a tractor seat and the rear with the loop handle. Would this be possible and would it require any extra bits or can I just get the seats and fit them, thanks on advance 👍

RC20
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Re: Seats

Post by RC20 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:08 pm

Welcome. Might run a search, I know its been discussed. I think the 2015 has the setup and the holes are plugged but have not done it.

New members are encouraged to get their location to show up in the upper right, what machine (machines) you have in the signature area (lower left)
Fear No Gravel
Formerly Owned: ( various rides on others)
Honda 90
2 x CB750K (one a true Japan Model flown to Hawaii by a P3 Orion Sub Patrol Aircraft!)
1 x CB700 SC ala Shaft Drive Nighthawk S (RC20 is the actual in house production Model)
1 x R80GS (ok to start with, learned to love it for what it was)
1 x CB450K

Current:
1 x 2019 cT Terracotta

What I Did (I quit June 2 , 2019)
Mechanic/Technician/Engineer: Electro Mechanical Systems

Eric N

Re: Seats

Post by Eric N » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:07 pm

Easy to do.

If you have a bench seat, your 2015 should have the mounting stuff already in place.

Your bench unbolts with a 17mm nut on the front of it and two smaller bolts in the back. Pop the side cover off and you can see the battery and the bolt. Careful not to zap yourself removing the bolt. The rear part mounts under the fender with some hex head bolts. You can peek past the rear tire and up into the fender to see them.

With the front bolt and the two rear bolts removed, you can lift the seat off.

Under the front of the seat, you want to check if it has the base plate to mount the front tractor seat to it.

https://www.uralne.com/front-tractor-se ... ing-plate/

If you already have this plate in place, you're good. Some bench seats come with only a partial version of that, and if you only have the partial you'll need to order the full seat setup.

One source is: https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts ... duct=95733 and rear seat https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts ... duct=84476

You'll notice the front and rear use a lot of the same parts but the mounting bracket is curved for the rear to follow the fender and flat for the front.

The mounting hardware is all stuff you can find at the hardware store, I used stainless hex bolts similar to the rounded hex head used to hold the rear part of the bench seat in place, some washers and nylock nuts.
2018 Gear Up
2013 Retro Solo
2001 Patrol - Sold