Did It

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
bgenest
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Re: Did It

Post by bgenest » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:27 am

Here it is
2015 Burgundy Patrol "Stickee Monkee"

harryball

Post by harryball » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Congrats on the new rig. Lot's of good info on this forum and in the big yellow book. Take your time and you'll be as crazy as the rest of us in no time at all. I started last October and already have a second one!
---
2017 - cT - "Georgia" My wife's rig.
2017 - M70/Retro Gen 2 EFI, Sigmund. My wife's other rig.
Robert
http://HabitatForBats.org - Give a bat a home!

siberman1

Post by siberman1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:52 pm

bgenest wrote:Here it is
I don't see athing. No link, no photo, zip. :?

YMMV
Sent from my laptop using OEM fingers, ordinary Mouse, and LCD-screen
2014 полынь зеленый гU
Сибирь Экспресс #2

Zero payments

mouka
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by mouka » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:39 pm

I think you forgot to attach the pictures.
Try again! We really love to see as many rigs as possible!
2005 Honda Sabre 1100
2003 Ural Tourist
1998 Honda Aero 1100

BigSky
Comrade
Comrade

Post by BigSky » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:58 pm

bgenest wrote:Hey All,

I've been lurking here for a few months to do some research on Ural's to see if it was the bike I want to ride off into the sunset on. Also, to see how the guys & gals treat each other, some sites can get real nasty but this seems like a friendly and helpful group. From what the members have posted, the help and support you give each other I figured, what the hell, if I am going to jump in this would be the group I want standing on the sidelines to help support this endeavor, I will try not to make a fool of myself.

So I did it yesterday, dropped the hammer and bought a new bike. As a retirement (7 months away) present to myself I bought a 2015 Patrol (burgundy) from URALNE. It was a good experience, everyone I worked with at URALNE was knowledgeable and friendly, it made the decision to purchase much easier, they are only 45 minutes away and they gave me a free T shirt!

I've been riding since the sixties (old days) and still have three other bikes, which I will sell this spring, a 2003 Suzuki Volusia, 2006 Aprilia Sacarabeo 500 and a china scoot for around the camp. I had a total shoulder replacement last year and it is starting to get difficult to ride and hold up the heavier bikes.

I have absolutely no experience with a sidecar rig so this is going to be interesting. I am going to have to learn all over again and that's okay with me. I just got a copy of the Yellow Book and will start practicing once the weather improves, my older bones can no longer take the cold. I will also sign up for a three wheeler course.

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to learning to ride again. Hello from the Boston area.
Hey Congrats, pickup my '08 Gear Up today and it has been sitting for sometime so, need to work the battery and clean the carbs, but still took it for a short spin this afternoon.
If history repeats itself....I am sooo getting a dinosaur.

'08 Gear Up :cheers: "VooDoo"
Old Friends:
Kawasaki 650, Kawasaki ZR7, Kawasaki KLR, Aprillia CapoNord, Suzuki Burgman

Snakeoil
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Snakeoil » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Congrats and welcome. This is a pretty mellow crowd. There is always help available and patient explanations for the unseasoned mechanics. I don't think I have seen an upset member yet. We can all disagree and still get along. It's very pleasant here and fun, too.

I agree that the Yellow book is a good thing to have. Sidecar.com also has a section where you can download a handbook that is also excellent and it's free. I'm a newbie to Urals having purchased an non-running rig last April. Lots of good info here and contacts that helped me move forward with no real steps backward in the process.

We do like to get feedback on any info, guidance, suggestions etc., offered to see if they were helpful or solved the problem. Helps us and the next guy. I think there are still a few secrets to be learned about these beasts.
Regards,
Rob
Proud member of the Peanut Gallery
Certified Blatherer
2000 Ural Tourist
40 Pilots, 122 Mains
Before you say something stupid, always ask yourself, "What would Harpo say?".

jesse

Post by jesse » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:45 pm

begenest,

Welcome. I bought my 2015 Gear Up in November. I am based on Westford and will also be signing up for one of the sidecar classes in the spring as well. Maybe I will see you there.

- Jesse

VWK75S

Post by VWK75S » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:13 am

bgenest wrote:the camp in Maine.
When's the summer rally :moto:
John
The Ural's made Maine a much bigger state.

2009 GearUp 155,000kms
2007 Retro 25,000kms
1991 VWK75S 110,000miles