Top Twenty frequently asked Questions with answers.

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
MizzouRider
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Top Twenty frequently asked Questions with answers.

Post by MizzouRider » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:19 am

Picking it up from Dave this afternoon. Going to ride it home. I’ve still got the vertigo (4 weeks now) but it’s better. I’m going to grab a couple of 50# bags of sand. See how they help. Dave said my sidecar was way out of alignment both in the upright angle of the bike, and the tracking of the sidecar. He didn’t really have a 19” wheel for the spare I’m looking for, so that search will continue. I’ll be taking it slow through Greensfelder Park on the way home. I’ve never had it above second gear yet, so it’ll be uncharted territory for me. Looks like good weather tomorrow too. The grandkids start evening though so if I take off on the Ural, I’ll be in the deep stuff. I’ll have to take a pick or two later today.
Jeff
Ural 2012 T 1wd
Also ride a 2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure

mattzahr

Post by mattzahr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Jeff, ideal place to start - great choice. 2nd gear is my preference going up that hill anyway - the incline angle is ideal for that speed/gear. Weather looks like it will cooperate - at least until Friday rolls along. Melrose and Woods are good roads too.....best of luck on your rides! Unfortunately, I won't be able to connect, but am interested in your observations as a new rider with prior 2 wheel experience.
'16 cT - Terracotta aka Orange
Proud member of the "Group W Bench"

MizzouRider

Post by MizzouRider » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:39 am

It was crazy at first. Just pulling out of Dave’s lot. I know I wasn’t particularly steady, and kept checking to make sure the sidecar wasn’t off on the shoulder. A little bit of vertigo didn’t help. By the time I worked my way through to 100, I was actually feeling pretty good. A bit of Wildhorse Creek Rd, and I was getting some confidence. Feeling much better. I did almost see 60 while I was on 100, and finally relaxed my death grip on the bars. It was surprisingly stable and comfortable. That was the only straight stretch I had coming home though. I have to admit, I was thinking I’d be so good at it so quickly, that I’d be headed to some of the gravel creek roads in Warren Co. But now I’m thinking I’ll need a little more practice. Well, actually a lot more practice. ;)
Ural 2012 T 1wd

chopfather

Post by chopfather » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:13 am

I'm in Jefferson County so maybe some day me, you, and Mattzahr can get together to go for a ride. My work schedule is busier in the winter but I'm sure we could all figure something out to make it happen.
Rick Current Bikes- 2018 Ural Gear Up
'91 HD Sportster
'81 Yamaha XS650 - 2 of them, both works in progress
'2015 Coleman CT200U minibike

MizzouRider

Post by MizzouRider » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:23 am

Sounds great to me. As soon as I’m feeling better I thought I’d head out to Warren County and ride some of the creek roads. They are a pretty good test for gravel.
Ural 2012 T 1wd

chopfather

Post by chopfather » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:11 am

That sounds like fun to me.
Rick Current Bikes- 2018 Ural Gear Up
'91 HD Sportster
'81 Yamaha XS650 - 2 of them, both works in progress
'2015 Coleman CT200U minibike

MizzouRider

Post by MizzouRider » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:45 pm

I’m thinking Saturday might work for the creek roads in Warren County. I’ll probably head “up” Charratte Creek from off of 47 just north of Marthasville MO. Then cut through Warrenton to Lost Creek, down Lost Creek to the cut through on Low Gap over to TT. That’ll take you over to I-70 outer road to Jonesburg. Then pick up Massas Creek Rd South to 94 and back. Some fairly rough stuff in there depending on how much rain we get between now and then. Fun roads though, if you like gravel and creek crossings. I’ll see if 1wd can go through deep gravel on some of the river banks. :cheers:
Let me know if you’d like to meet up. I still haven’t figured out how to post pics here. I’ll try, or just put them on SS FB Page.
Jeff
Ural 2012 T 1wd

mattzahr

Post by mattzahr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:11 pm

Hey all, let me know what you schedule looks like - I'll see if I can get free. Jeff, sounds like you've taken to this new thing quickly - I'm wondering how bad that will be on Saturday considering the amount of rain that we're supposed to be getting Friday night.....

To post pics, use the Full Editor, select the Attachments window in the lower left corner, add files and place the file in line - take a look in the preview - should be good to go.
'16 cT - Terracotta aka Orange
Proud member of the "Group W Bench"

MizzouRider

Post by MizzouRider » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:37 pm

I’m going to try some easier crossings at first, if the water is really running. I’ll try reverse!
Ural 2012 T 1wd

John Greig

Post by John Greig » Wed May 01, 2019 5:53 pm

Have a 2019 Ranger (Gear up ) and having a problem with oxygen sensors, bike goes into saftey mode which system does the 2019 model use and can I buy oxygen sensors from my local bike shop? Also how do i find which systems the 2019 model uses.

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Is brand new so has warranty so go back to dealer. (?)
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Thu May 02, 2019 6:20 pm

PS: the 2019's are "too new" for most of us here to know too much about them yet. :D
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")