Did it!

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
S 854
Commissar
Commissar

Post by S 854 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:15 am

Spat wrote:OK this is DDR's "your buddy", finally time to chime in.
Hi my name is Spat and I am a cycleholic...

As much as I like the Arctic I pulled the trigger today on the 08 white Patrol. Changed my mind on the way up to FTC and a couple of times on the way back.

ebryl97 your questions here and there got me to thinking the same way as you I guess.

Heres to the new dealer in Colorado :cheers:
Congrats on your choice... I'm wondering how you found this new dealer... first I heard of them was from ebryl97 on this board... I've already place my deposit with UralNW (Nov 14, 2007 a date that will live in infamy) on DDR's previous advice... nice to know there's a local guy... guess I need to start supporting them...

Maybe IMZ-Ural could send out notification in their newsletter regarding the addition of dealers... how long have they been doin' Urals?
'07 Arctic: The Russian Raucous Ship

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out...

Spat
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Spat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:29 pm

S 854
Found him off the Ural website under Dealer. I was using it to loacate dealers with the Arctic and was to late to get one from UralNM. It appeared to me no substancial deals where to be made on the ones I did find and decided to give the local guy a go after visiting him last week. Colorado has had a hard time getting and keeping a sales dealer, it seems Unique is in it for the long hual.
Spat
FLHGSSXDR.Patrol
Proud member of the Patrol Patrol

Fall in love with a person who enjoys your madness
Red Green: If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.
Red Green: Duct tape or zip tie,,, fixed is fixed

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
Irwin Corey

S 854
Commissar
Commissar

Post by S 854 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Spat

When I first got onboard the Ural train, I was religiously checking the website for a new Colorado dealer. I posted on the IMZ website regarding lack of a dealer... There is the Colo Spgs "dealer", whom I visited one sunny Saturday afternoon.

They seem to be more into the cruiser market with Ural as an afterthought... they did (and may still have) a couple '05 models rusting away outside in their boneyard of used/stripped bikes... so I really didn't consider them a viable option regarding purchase.

...and as I've said before, I am going to support this new dealer, hopefully to keep them around for awhile.

p.s. When is your Patrol due for delivery?

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out...

ebrl97
Party Member
Party Member

Post by ebrl97 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:20 pm

S 854: I went the same route. Looked at the Colorado Springs dealers web site, wasn't sure how to navigate it. Unique Cycles in Fort Collins was easy to contact and very responsive. They are new, but Randy was helpful, no pressure and able to answer all my questions about the Ural with confidence. Both he and Tammy turned out to be great to deal with and I believe committed to establishing theirselves as a viable Ural dealer. There is a possibility that they may relocate closer to Denver in the future.

Time will tell if Spat and I made the right decision. But, I figure even if they fail, we'll be no worse off than if we'd ordered from an out of state dealer. And, we still have new Urals!

UralNW was another responsive dealer. Their experience was evident. But, the one day clinic and the riding trip was of no use to me as an out of state buyer. The additional one year warranty was a definite enticement. However, local trumped.

DirtyDR
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by DirtyDR » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:05 pm

I would much prefer to go with and support a local dealer but when I bought mine it wasn't an option. From what I hear the new dealer in Fort Collins is serious about the product and I really hope they make it.
Dana
Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей
2006 Patrol in Blue

uraldog
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

dealer

Post by uraldog » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:11 pm

why is nov-14-2007 a day of infamy :?:

ebrl97
Party Member
Party Member

Post by ebrl97 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:14 pm

DirtyDR: Know what you mean. Had I not been given the opportunity of this new dealer, I to would have gone where you did. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it works out for them.

ebrl97
Party Member
Party Member

Re: dealer

Post by ebrl97 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:27 pm

uraldog wrote:why is nov-14-2007 a day of infamy :?:
HMMMMM? It was five days after you joined this group???? It was four days before my wifes birthday???? I GOT IT, IT WAS THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING AND THE LAST DAY OF 2007 BEFORE I ATE TOO MUCH:clap:

uraldog
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by uraldog » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:08 pm

well now 97 splain your self

Spat
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Spat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:08 pm

S 854 wrote:p.s. When is your Patrol due for delivery?
Sometime after the Arctics are delivered, hopefully soon after. I think ebrl97 gear-up and mine should be in at the same time.
With that being said,
Ron want to make it a delivery party, I can find a way back with out the freeways.

S 854
when do you expect that knock on the door, "Here is your new Arctic, sir". that will be a nice way too.
Spat
FLHGSSXDR.Patrol

Irwin Corey

ebrl97
Party Member
Party Member

Post by ebrl97 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:27 pm

uraldog wrote:well now 97 splain your self
I was just grabbing dates (even got Thansgiving wrong). Re-read, and owe you an apology. Sincerely very sorry for the unintended reference with respect to "infamy" and the date you joined the forum. It was an attempt at humor which should have been reviewed. Nothing more.

Ron

ebrl97
Party Member
Party Member

Post by ebrl97 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:19 am

Ron want to make it a delivery party, I can find a way back with out the freeways

That woud be great. Lets stay in touch with each other and with Randy to see when they come in. I'm not real sure about finding a way back to Bailey while learning to ride, breaking in and freaking out.

S 854
Commissar
Commissar

Re: dealer

Post by S 854 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:45 am

uraldog wrote:why is nov-14-2007 a day of infamy :?:
Just part of the whole equation... Payee: Ural NW ... Amount: $500.00... Memo: Deposit on '07 Arctic... Date: 11/14/2007...

My wife has already put a copy of this check into our photo scrap-book... I think she's as excited about this purchase as I am... and she can COOK!

S 854
Commissar
Commissar

Post by S 854 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:54 am

Spat wrote:
S 854 wrote:p.s. When is your Patrol due for delivery?
Sometime after the Arctics are delivered, hopefully soon after. I think ebrl97 gear-up and mine should be in at the same time.
With that being said,
Ron want to make it a delivery party, I can find a way back with out the freeways.

S 854
when do you expect that knock on the door, "Here is your new Arctic, sir". that will be a nice way too.
Spat

We're planning on picking the bike up in Washington and driving it home...a 2 week UDF session...

As far as missing the freeways... do a Google map from FC to your house... after you put in your beginning address you can navigate to your home... after the home address is entered there appears a small box which, I believe, was placed there just for us Ural riders... it says, "Avoid highways" :boogie:

I have a route assembled from Bellingham, WA-Sandpoint, ID-Salt Lake City, UT-Centennial, CO... all without the benefit (hassle?) of highway driving...

Ya gotta love technology

Spat
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Spat » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:39 pm

Riding it home from Washington, now that is a great bonding trip for the three of you. Maybe ask the dealer to get the 1st 50 miles on it for you befor you arrive or at least clock the 50 around there solo with no weight.
Sounds like a fun trip, good luck.

And I have no problem meandering around to avoid the freeways, probaly turn a 60 mile trip into 160 mile trip.
Spat
FLHGSSXDR.Patrol

Irwin Corey