Evening Hello

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
scottmastrocinque
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Evening Hello

Post by scottmastrocinque » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Congratulations and welcome! :cheers:

I just bought my first Ural (a new 2017 Gear Up) after lusting for years and years as well.

Funny, my friend dragged me off to the Motorcycle show in Cleveland, and I sat on the Ural there and 30 days later, she was in the garage. I love her. She's a hoot and so different from my other motorcycles.

I cannot believe how many of you find these "no mileage" treasures! :o Thats insane! Besides, what kind of person buys one of these and then doesn't drive it? I just don't get it. :shock:
Last edited by scottmastrocinque on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Scott -

2017 Ural Gear Up Sahara - "Ekaterina - a.k.a. Katya - The Farkle Queen"
2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX - "Stella"
1997 Moto Guzzi V-10 Centauro - "Clelia"
2007 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution - "Chiara"

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi. :cheers:

gezerbike

Post by gezerbike » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:19 pm

My thoughts on that ? " God bless 'em ! "
2013 Bright Red Tourist " Tatiana "
2012 BMW R 1200 GS Rallye
2006 Yamaha Majesty

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:07 am

scottmastrocinque wrote:Congratulations and welcome! :cheers:

I just bought my first Ural (a new 2017 Gear Up) after lusting for years and years as well.

Funny, my friend dragged me off to the Motorcycle show in Cleveland, and I sat on the Ural there and 30 days later, she was in the garage. I love her. She's a hoot and so different from my other motorcycles.

I cannot believe how many of you find these "no mileage" treasures! :o Thats insane! Besides, what kind of person buys on of these and then doesn't drive it? I just don't get it. :shock:
i believe awhile back Van Harper AKA Gobium a long time contributor on the forum suggested that the average Uralista lasts average of 30,000KM and their done. its amazing how many people join the forum all bright eyed and bushy tailed for a few months and never to be heard from again like they fell into the black hole of negative UDF. :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

gezerbike

Post by gezerbike » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Not uncommon in the BMW world either, especially the past 10-15 years. It sounds like a great idea, they have the money but once in, they realize that long trips were more dreams than reality, riding in the rain is not that much fun, ect. Many of my BMW's came from such owners. My current 1200 Rallye came from such a home....purchased with 2,200 miles and thousands in farkles. The Ural could be that for me. I'm not used to the slower pace, certainly does not ride or handle like a motorcycle. But a lot of grins running around town, which is what my scooter has been for. I'm in it such that if after a year or so it isn't working for me, I can get out OK. But I have a Givi screen coming for it, the one they show on the Ural site on the tan Sahara, so I help that improves some wind management. Got it for $ 113.00 shipped and after talking to Givi, that is the one in the picture.
2006 Yamaha Majesty

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:10 pm

gezerbike, totally understand, i have been riding for over 60 years can you believe that, and just love all motorcycle type machines, find cars boring. nothing on a bike irritates me, don't get me wrong good weather is my favorite. just have to except motorcycles/Urals for what they are slow,rough riding, noisy high maintenance etc. hey if its only a trip around town or to the store that's worth the price of the Ural IMHO. :cheers: ps i once bought a big diesel tractor and became a over the road owner operator, IT WAS THE ROMANCE OF THE ROAD THAT MADE ME DO THAT, boy did that romance end fast. :boogie:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

TheWildOne
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by TheWildOne » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:48 am

( Shhh ! Don't let MOA know or they'll revoke your membership ! )

gezerbike

Post by gezerbike » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:49 pm

[quote="TheWildOne"]( Shhh ! Don't let MOA know or they'll revoke your membership ! )[/quote

ppppppppppsssssssssstttttttttt.....Don't tell them, but I dropped my membership many years ago, :cheers:
2006 Yamaha Majesty