New GPR 2-into-1 right exit high mount stainless exhaust

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
MountainPeakCruiser
Comrade
Comrade

New GPR 2-into-1 right exit high mount stainless exhaust

Post by MountainPeakCruiser » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:00 pm

I just ordered the new upgraded GPR exhaust that Ural is offering through their dealers, in this case Raceway Ural in Oregon. The new stainless design is incredibly lightweight, supposedly less than half the weight of the stock system. Currently only offered for 2016-2019 models. As you can see from the pics the headers pull back in stock fashion with a cross-over pipe, and then merge into a y-pipe under the gearbox and then makes a couple hard maneuvers to stay clear of the passenger right foot peg; and it includes a heat shield for passengers right heal. They guys at Raceway said they haven’t seen any skid plates that work with this new exhaust but that Ural is promising to offer a compatible skid plate within the next 1-2 months. Exhaust note is said to be slightly louder than stock (but not as much as the FMF or 2Brothers). As soon as I get it mounted and running, I’ll post a video.

http://racewayural.com/product/gpr-stai ... -off-road/
Colorado Springs :devildog:
2017 Gear Up, Terra-cotta orange
Full LED light conversion w/ Hella headlamp&spotlight.
EJK tuner w/ K&N filter. Full GPR 2-into-1 stainless exhaust. ClearBra to protect cheap but sparkly Russian paint.

Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar

Re: New GPR 2-into-1 right exit high mount stainless exhaust

Post by Tomcatfixer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Wish they offered a version for my 2015 cT. Also wish it came in right-side low exit.
- Chad

Gordonsville, Virginia, USA

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 2001 Ural Patrol "Little Red Bear", 1999 Ural Tourist "The RPOC", Mid-Nineties Ural Tourist "The Heap", 1994 Honda VFR750F

Previous rides:
2007 Honda VTR1000 FireStorm (Super Hawk in U.S.)
2001 Buell Blast! - - - - - - - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
1993 Honda CBR600F2 - -1984 Yamaha FJ1100
Two different 1986 Yamaha FZX700S Fazers

MountainPeakCruiser
Comrade
Comrade

Post by MountainPeakCruiser » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:58 pm

Tomcatfixer wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:30 pm
Wish they offered a version for my 2015 cT. Also wish it came in right-side low exit.
I was initially looking for a low right exit as well because I want to continue to easily hear the passenger in the hack. I have to go on the word of the Raceway guys, but the increase in exhaust note should be minimal. I do like the idea of having higher ground clearance, both on the left side and between the hack. I was eyeing the UralNE 2-into-1 system but I didn’t like the way the left header pipe was joined into the right side and how it interferes with the rear passenger’s right leg. Before someone asks, “how many times have you had someone in the hack and on the back?” About 6-7 times so far and I’ve only owned the bike for about 3 months. Also with the stock exhaust, if I have a 170lb+ passenger in the hack and I fly the car until the bike is on fulcrum, my left exhaust clamp/mount will scrape! :D

Off topic:
People love riding on this bike, I want to keep it an enjoyable experience. I just put a ClearBra on it yesterday, I plan to keep this bike running clean and looking shiny for a long time. This is bike #22 for me and I can already tell it’s going to be hard to ever let this bike go; making too many good memories.
EJK tuner w/ K&N filter. Full GPR 2-into-1 stainless exhaust. ClearBra to protect cheap but sparkly Russian paint.

MountainPeakCruiser
Comrade
Comrade

Post by MountainPeakCruiser » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:13 pm

mr. cob wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:43 pm
[endquote, just looping you into the thread]

Hello Dave,

Any thoughts on compatibility with your Mr. Cob Skid plate?

Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tomcatfixer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:43 pm

I do like the idea of having higher ground clearance, both on the left side and between the hack.
As the owner of a low-ridin' cT, ground clearance is not a concern for me. However, with Baraholka boxes on the tug and an auxiliary fuel cannister on the tub, there's no way I could fit a raised muffler. Also, I don't care for the looks of the elevated muffler, but that's just me.
-
2019-08-13 14.37.31.jpg
-
I just want the left pontoon gone, to ease rear wheel maintenance and to provide better center stand access. I don't care for Raceway's pricey, rust-prone asymmetrical header, or I would have already purchased their product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Chad

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 2001 Ural Patrol "Little Red Bear", 1999 Ural Tourist "The RPOC", Mid-Nineties Ural Tourist "The Heap", 1994 Honda VFR750F

Previous rides:

jaybird
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Location: The foothills of the Forked River Mountains, West Barnegat NJ (Do It In The Pines!) 08005

Post by jaybird » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:47 pm

It might not be important to most people but one of the major reasons for a high exit exhaust is for fording/driving through deep water.
If you’re not fording or seriously rock bashing the low right exit is the most functional.

Happy trails,
Jaybird
2005 Gear-Up, Mr. Nat_ural 108,000+ Kilometers and counting
2013 Retro, Black beauty, AKA Lucky "13"
1995 Olive Tourist
1975 Enfield Diesel Bullet
2008 Enfield Bullet 500
1974 BMW R 75/6
Etc.

MountainPeakCruiser
Comrade
Comrade

Post by MountainPeakCruiser » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm

jaybird wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:47 pm
It might not be important to most people but one of the major reasons for a high exit exhaust is for fording/driving through deep water.
If you’re not fording or seriously rock bashing the low right exit is the most functional.

Happy trails,
Jaybird
Agreed. It’s not a regular necessity to be able to ford streams here in CO but this year is certainly an exception. I don’t know how well people’s fuel injection connections are handling water exposure; if I had the time I would pull all the connectors and seal the wire sides with Permatex liquid tape.

As for the skid plate, a small exposed boulder will eventually cave in my exhaust cans and knock a hole in my oil pan. I don’t ever plan on beating up a technical path with the Ural but there are some short sections on my fishing trails that deem a skid plate and high mount exhaust appropriate.

Daisy Cutter
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by Daisy Cutter » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:11 am

I currently have one of Raceway's own 2-1 right sided high mount exhausts on my rig. If this new one is even 1% better quality I'd rip mine off and put the new on on in a heart beat. I find it interesting that they would advertise a competitive product that's less expensive than their own. What we really need though is to see some photos from under the rig with the exhaust mounted. I could be a buyer but it wouldn't be from Raceway (whole nother can of worms)
Mike
North Alabama
2017 Ural Gear Up
2018 Harley Sportster Iron 1200
2018 Royal Enfield Classic 500

Lokiboy
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by Lokiboy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 am

Daisy Cutter, I like the Raceway. Granted, the muffler tubing is difficult (read as impossible) to keep clean looking, but other then that... I’m glad I bought a used one, however.
2011 Gear Up - "Erika"
Yorktown, VA

Mains: 127, Idle: 40, Needle: 1 shim
MKIII air filter
100,000 km and counting

MountainPeakCruiser
Comrade
Comrade

Post by MountainPeakCruiser » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:38 am

Lokiboy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 am
Daisy Cutter, I like the Raceway. Granted, the muffler tubing is difficult (read as impossible) to keep clean looking, but other then that... I’m glad I bought a used one, however.
That was another hesitation with the Raceway or UralNE exhaust systems. I love the look of the black exhausts but black pipes seem to attract more filth than they hide (exhaust soot hides but every speck of dirt shows). Also I’ve heard rust has been a problem with many of the aftermarket black powder coated systems. I’m hoping the stainless exhaust proves to be the easiest to keep looking clean and rust-free.

robp
Comrade
Comrade

Post by robp » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:46 pm

I got the Ural promo email for the GPR exhaust, where the message noted it is 'for offroad use only". Does that mean it's NOT for road use in the same way the liquid containers are NOT intended for gas? :D

tgtrotter
Commissar
Commissar

Post by tgtrotter » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Tomcatfixer wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:43 pm

-
2019-08-13 14.37.31.jpg
-
Chad,
If you have previously answered forgive me for not knowing. I gotta ask. What do you do with that orange stick :?:
Tim
2007 Woodland Green Patrol :foilhead:
2004 FLTRI :machinegun:
1992 Trek 830 :P

Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tomcatfixer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Tim, if you are referring to the piece of natural bamboo that I have woven between my racks and terminated with a red rag, then the answer is: I do nothing with it. One day, I was stuck in traffic on an off-ramp. It was very boring as I waited there, so I got off the bike and cut down a piece of bamboo, to the amusement of the drivers behind me. I took the bamboo home on the Ural, thinking that I would come up with some use for it, but never did.
- Chad

Current rides:

Previous rides:

MountainPeakCruiser
Comrade
Comrade

Post by MountainPeakCruiser » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 pm

Well, the exhaust came from Raceway in a big hurry, I was not expecting it to be delivered 3 days after I ordered it. My initial impressions taking it out of the box were very good. My first thought was “damn this is lightweight!” Followed shortly by, “high quality and a very thick install instructional sheet, that’s a great start!”

I removed the stock exhaust and for grins I used a digital scale to weigh the parts coming off the bike, versus the parts being installed.

New exhaust:
6.5 lbs pipes
5.2 lbs muffler
2.2 lbs clamps and hardware
13.9 lbs Total

Old exhaust:
9.2 lbs muffler (each)
6.3 lbs headers & cats
3.2 lbs clamps & hardware
27.9 lbs Total

In Summary, it’s literally HALF the weight of the stock system.

I’ve nearly completed the install but when I started looking at the space the rear exhaust pipe would pass through to get to the new muffler (between the rear side-car mount and the side-car driveshaft), I thought “there’s NO way that’s fitting in there.” Wrong, it fits well. 5mm of clearance all around but it is free from binding on any moving parts and the exhaust isn’t going to budge once tightened up. I’ll follow up with a video but I have to say so far that they got really creative with this exhaust and the result looks great. It already looks more off-road capable without the mufflers hanging close to the ground.

Lokiboy

Post by Lokiboy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:48 am

Glad it lived up to your expectations. I watched the video and it looked to be a quality product.
2011 Gear Up - "Erika"
Yorktown, VA

Mains: 127, Idle: 40, Needle: 1 shim
MKIII air filter
100,000 km and counting