Perfect Bag for First-Aid Box

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
Aurans
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Perfect Bag for First-Aid Box

Post by Aurans » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:37 am

New Gear up owner who's spending too many hours looking at and researching mods. I had been looking for a bag to fit inside the first-aid box, as the case my first-aid kit came with was too big. The bag I found fits inside the metal box like it was made for the job.

Here's the bag:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RMAS1K

And here's the first-aid kit I fit inside of it. It's a supper tight fit, but it all went in:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PHQC2Z

Just passing along should anyone else be looking to solve the same problem.

David

stagewex

Re: Perfect Bag for First-Aid Box

Post by stagewex » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:46 am

Good find.
Stagewex

Current Herd all running amok:
2019 Honda CRF450L (Elec Start)
2008 Vespa 150S (Elec & Kick Start)
2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
2006 Honda "Big Ruckus" PS250 (Elec Start)
1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only) *NOT running amok, out for Bottom & Top-End Rebuild.
1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)

List what you "have", keep the others in your precious memory bank.

Pterodactyl

Post by Pterodactyl » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:59 am

Aurans wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:37 am
New Gear up owner who's spending too many hours looking at and researching mods. I had been looking for a bag to fit inside the first-aid box, as the case my first-aid kit came with was too big. The bag I found fits inside the metal box like it was made for the job.

Here's the bag:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RMAS1K

And here's the first-aid kit I fit inside of it. It's a supper tight fit, but it all went in:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PHQC2Z

Just passing along should anyone else be looking to solve the same problem.

David
I feel your pain. I bought a new Gear-up two weeks ago and do not pick it up for another week. Must have added "just one more accessory" a half dozen times. Getting damn expensive.
Kevin
God Bless America!
The Outpost, Silver City, MT
2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA

stagewex

Post by stagewex » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:13 am

I bought the bag in your first link. Right now I keep a cigar case and a small canister of whisky in the first-aid kit.
I have the basic "My Medic" medical kit and keep it in the trunk. It doesn't have some of the survival stuff included in your second link but it is as small and as professional as possible. I doubt I'd ever be able to transfer the contents of the MyMedic into the bag and Ural First-Aid canister. Face it... it's a novelty item.

Here's what I have and for road riding this is what a few of my riding buddies carry that are Firemen and EMS techs. There is a suture kit you can add for $150.00 but I don't have that yet. Expensive stuff but very, very well thought out. REI is not the only outlet for "MyMedic" products but has the best description:

https://www.rei.com/product/155969/myme ... WgQAvD_BwE
Stagewex

Current Herd all running amok:
2019 Honda CRF450L (Elec Start)
2008 Vespa 150S (Elec & Kick Start)
2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
2006 Honda "Big Ruckus" PS250 (Elec Start)
1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only) *NOT running amok, out for Bottom & Top-End Rebuild.
1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)

List what you "have", keep the others in your precious memory bank.

Peter Pan

Post by Peter Pan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:39 am

That box is only good for 2 uses: in Inox as mirror to blind the following vehicle when they get too close. ("Safety factor")
And as aquarium or corrosion labratory equipment. Any little rain gets perfectly trapped inside.
Sven

PS: forgot the 3rd use... minor crash compensator to protect a bit the trunk from "kisses from behind"
Last edited by Peter Pan on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sophie Travelair = Patrol 2013
8 weeks 12.000km Oregon-Alaska-Oregon
With a DIY foam air filter the rig runs well even in tropical rain = :moto:
Final drives: 1. at 5000km, 2. at 34.000km(+friction plates) 3. at 42.386km
transmission: 1. 40.000km. 2. installed
Engine: 1. 43.388km crank replacement: Back on the road since 23.Okt.2019 :party:

The Avatar are 2 rice grains stating life's essence:
"The most important you cannot see!"
=> Attitude makes the difference!

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by INSUBORDINATOR » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:27 am

No need for a first aid kit on my tourist "street racer". But I do have an absorbent Panty Liner taped around my F.D. universal joint - to catch grease slung from my recent lube job. Big MESS other wise.
Current Motorcycles: Improved 2002 Ural Tourist.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."

BinDerSmokDat

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:21 am

I never saw the appeal to a stock Russian first aid kit.

Plus
It is mounted external, so you could make the argument for that is easily accessible/visible to good Samaritans if you are incapacitated.

Minus
The location is bad from an off-roading perspective, likely to get dunked or whacked.
Not completely waterproof.
It it is kind of small for anything other than basic cuts and nicks.
It invites tampering or vandalism.

Better to carry a bigger first aid kit inside and slap a "First Aid Kit Inside" sticker in a visible place.
Consult a paramedic on the contents.

BinDerSmokDat

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:44 am

Also a lot of the contents of that medic kit are redundant to what you should be carrying in the trunk anyway.
I'm a believer that survival gear should be incorporated in your main gear not your first aid kit, because in a medical emergency you don't want to be sorting through whistles, compasses, etc to put your hands on what you want.
I always have a couple of knives in the tank bag/trunk.
Those wire saws are useless. If I'm in the woods, a hatchet, folding tree saw or full sized bow saw is more useful and already in my gear.
A carabiner compass clip takes up too much space and looks neat but you can stick a couple of liquid-filled 1" compass from QualComm in your other gear and won't even know it's there.

Also many people carry small bandages...because that is the size of their first aid kit.
While true most booboos will be small, Mayhem doesn't care how big your first aid kit is and will throw something bigger at you.
Carry full-sized roll bandages and gauze pads and full rolls of good bandage tape.
You can always fold/cut them down and a big full sized roll bandage can go around an appendage or possibly abdomen to help hold things in place.
My biggest fear is a major laceration on the trail and someone will bleed out before we get them to help.
That is why I carry full rolled bandages, maxi pads and tampons.
I need to investigate the blood stopper pads and powders next.
Also make sure you carry aspirin. Not just for aches and pains but if someone suffers a cardiac event it could save their life.
Make them chew two extra strength aspirin at the first sign of stroke or heart attack.
Given the average age of some of the guys I ride with this is probably more important than the other stuff in the kit.

Mothra35
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Mothra35 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:48 am

INSUBORDINATOR wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:27 am
No need for a first aid kit on my tourist "street racer". But I do have an absorbent Panty Liner taped around my F.D. universal joint - to catch grease slung from my recent lube job. Big MESS other wise.

:rotfl: Guess that is childish of me to laugh,,,but "Street Racer" :lol: oh and the panty liner thing is funny too :P
--2005 Ural Tourist--"Маня"

My U-Tube
---Oliver---Оливер--- :headbang:

snowymonkey

Post by snowymonkey » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:51 am

Sorry, the paramedic in me is going to come out for a second.....

Also make sure you carry aspirin. Not just for aches and pains but if someone suffers a cardiac event it could save their life.
Make them chew two extra strength aspirin at the first sign of stroke or heart attack.

Do not give aspirin to someone suspected of a stroke. A stroke is caused by one of two things, a block or a bleed. If it does happen to be a block the aspirin might help, but if it’s a bleed you will make it much worse very quickly (possibly kill them). Trouble is, in the field, there is not a good way to determine which type of stroke it is.

Aspirin is good for cardiac events though. For cardiac it could be the difference between life and death.

Ok, off my soapbox.
“ The music moves me, but it moves me ugly” - Nickoli

2008 Ural Patrol - “Toothless”

Lake City Florida

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by INSUBORDINATOR » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:07 am

Mothra35 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:48 am
INSUBORDINATOR wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:27 am

:rotfl: Guess that is childish of me to laugh,,,but "Street Racer" :lol: oh and the panty liner thing is funny too :P
Sort of why I mentioned it (being a certified "CARD")...But It does have solo gearing & 19" wheels & fine street tires, even seems to out accelerate most cars. Feels exceptionally zippy on pavement, I can do 50 everywhere, & drift through left hand corners.
Not quick as a 2 wheeler - but definitely is ridden like MY Street Racer Rig. Panty liner is sort of a "first aid" supply.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Motorcycles: Improved 2002 Ural Tourist.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."

Happytrails

Post by Happytrails » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:13 pm

stagewex wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:13 am
I bought the bag in your first link. Right now I keep a cigar case and a small canister of whisky in the first-aid kit.
Thats what I call a first aid kit! :)

I was considering something maybe like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7 ... 3XMC&psc=1

And Dogboy443 linked this nice little first aid kit awhile back...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0779 ... GUVN1236UK

-JR

2018 Ural GearUp, Urban Camo
1991 Honda Goldwing SE

"riding is good therapy"

snowymonkey

Post by snowymonkey » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:05 pm

I love that guy. That video is great. Good advice :)
“ The music moves me, but it moves me ugly” - Nickoli

2008 Ural Patrol - “Toothless”

Lake City Florida

Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tomcatfixer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:19 pm

The bag I found fits inside the metal box like it was made for the job.
Great find. Thanks for the tip. I ordered a few.
I probably won't stock 'em with medical supplies, but I'll find something entertaining to stuff in there for quick removal. Maybe my travel humidor, maybe entertaining snacks, maybe forty 20-sided dice for when someone says something incredibly dorky, who knows?!
- Chad

Gordonsville, Virginia, USA

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 2001 Ural Patrol "Little Red Bear", 1999 Ural Tourist "The RPOC", Mid-Nineties Ural Tourist "The Heap", 1994 Honda VFR750F

Previous rides:
2007 Honda VTR1000 FireStorm (Super Hawk in U.S.)
2001 Buell Blast! - - - - - - - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
1993 Honda CBR600F2 - -1984 Yamaha FJ1100
Two different 1986 Yamaha FZX700S Fazers