Retirement

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Retirement

Post by Rich Maund » Sun May 09, 2021 2:30 pm

I was forced to retire at 59. And every day IS Saturday!
I'm here to tell you I worked my butt off yesterday too! Up at dawn, early med appointment at hospital. Then did the yard work cutting the grass, weed whacking and round up'ing, dog walks, laundry, some work in the shop, fixed dinner and then sat down and paid all my 2021 vehicular taxes. A good but exhausting day!
This is my step ladder. I never got to know my real ladder.

2021 Royal Enfield Continental 650 GT
2002 Kawasaki ZR750 Sport

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Sun May 09, 2021 2:51 pm

I worked full time for 43 years until I was so beat up I just couldn't work anymore. Still too young to take SS. Lucky for me during those years I worked I retired from the Navy. Not much of a retirement, but it helps a lot. Like Nate, I learn to live on very little. Paid off our home when I was 40. Last month I turned 60! The final straw was the government wanting us to collect sales taxes for all 50 states for my business. I used to ship stuff all over the country and to other countries! No way my wife wanted to start doing 20x as much tax paperwork to make the gov happy. Arthritis in my hands was very bad too, so it was time to hang it up.
I look forwards to taking SS at 62. Heck, that'll double my income!
Now I get to be a medical experiment for doctors! I just wish it paid more! ;-)
This is my step ladder. I never got to know my real ladder.

2021 Royal Enfield Continental 650 GT
2002 Kawasaki ZR750 Sport

VWNate1
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by VWNate1 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:38 pm

...At least you're going to get SSI ~ I never will and others who have never worked a day will .

I realize I didn't pay in sufficiently to I'll live with it but the SSI funds used to be strong until they were looted by gop officials who wanted to gain more votes...

I hope you're never cast into the street after doing your part and working so may years .
-Nate
'94 Tourist 650
'96 650 Solo
'10 Solo sT Crashed & Ruined 6.26.17 :cry: