Changed my Battery!

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Marine Corps Codu
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Re: Changed my Battery!

Post by Marine Corps Codu » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:20 pm

Here you go
Route 6 - Cascades to the Coast
Totally New Route
Route 6 starts south of Crescent Lake, off Hwy 58, taking the traveler from the high alpine lakes and meadows to Hwy 101 at Hauser, just north of North Bend/Coos Bay. Along the way one will enjoy incredible mountain vistas, getting as close as allowed by road to Diamond Peak. Clear views of other Cascade high peaks to be enjoyed on the way to the old mining district of Bohemia. On to Sutherlin and across the Umpqua river, through the beautiful coast range. Drive through Elliott State Forest through valley communities of old to modern farms. You will experience many unforgettable beautiful scenes that will keep a camera busy trying to capture all the incredible beauty. This trip will linger in memory to be enjoyed over and over.:
Keith Birkhofer
Marine By Choice
Current 2018 Gear Up
Former Bikes:
1947 Cushman Motor Scooter
1958 Cushman/Sears Motor Scooter
1964 Yamaguchi
1965 Honda 250
1968 KZ1000
1960 Honda 55 (2 of them)
2002 Honda Gold Wing GL1800
2006 Ural Patrol
2005 BMW R1200GS
2018 Ural Gear Up

Joe123451979
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Joe123451979 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:21 pm

Marine Corps Codu wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:27 pm
JustSomeRandomDude wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:14 pm
Marine Corps Codu wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:05 pm
I am planning to ride the most Eastern part of the Oregon BDR early summer. If you would like to link up and ride it please let me know.
I'd much enjoy that! What's BRD?
I've been thinking of a trip through the "Oregon Outback" to the Steens Mtn, maybe the Owyhee Country, maybe out around Fossil ... Late spring, early summer would work well for me, maybe "long weekend" jaunts where I could take the state in 3- or 4-day slices.
Here is a link to the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route (BDR): http://www.oohva.org/OBCDR/route5.html

I would like to do the eastern most route. Alvord Desert, Steens, etc.
Disregard my last post I found a video of the route and section I was interested in on YouTube .

It follows the route I thought it might
Larson to loon lake area probably and camp creek

However the route obcdr seems to follow slightly misses some very beautiful and scenic places with a lot of history to them

Like a big waterfall and an old homestead with old orchard out in the middle of nowhere that was once a very huge party spot complete with stage in the 70s

Not sure how many uralists there are around coos bay and Eugene area But this summer I think I will post my own map of hidden lakes removed from BLM and forest service maps waterfalls and great camping spots

I’m glad they missed the old ranch it’s actually private and the owner keeps it open to the public despite people thrashing the fields and turning everything into a big mud pit with 4x4s I don’t see too many people on urals doing that so this summer I’ll post here my own little map of all the cool stuff obcdr drove right past :)
2016 gear up

Coos bay Oregon

Marine Corps Codu

Post by Marine Corps Codu » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:10 am

There are some great places in your neck of the woods I have seen over the years of travelling Oregon during my career as a veterinary medicine salesman. I grew up in Central Oregon (Redmond) and would love to have the opportunity to show you the backroads in Central Oregon this late spring/early summer if you would like!
Keith Birkhofer
Marine By Choice
Current 2018 Gear Up
Former Bikes:
1947 Cushman Motor Scooter
1958 Cushman/Sears Motor Scooter
1964 Yamaguchi
1965 Honda 250
1968 KZ1000
1960 Honda 55 (2 of them)
2002 Honda Gold Wing GL1800
2006 Ural Patrol
2005 BMW R1200GS
2018 Ural Gear Up

Joe123451979
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Joe123451979 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:25 pm

Marine Corps Codu wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:10 am
There are some great places in your neck of the woods I have seen over the years of travelling Oregon during my career as a veterinary medicine salesman. I grew up in Central Oregon (Redmond) and would love to have the opportunity to show you the backroads in Central Oregon this late spring/early summer if you would like!
I lived in out a little past sun river for about a year i know there is a lot to see but I could never find anything for the short time I was there!

I would love to have someone show me around but work keeps the fiancé and I pretty close to coos Bay Area

Don’t hesitate though to get in touch if your ever over this area. There are a lot of paved one lane logging roads that are seldom used

The pics are the falls the trail map people just missed
It’s also all paved one lane logging road to get there depending which route you take.

I’ve never seen a ural in coos county figured there’s probably some in Eugene and after seeing that trail route and the stuff it missed I know I could put out a map that would get people off highway from possibly Eugene to coos bay that didn’t miss the cool stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 gear up

Coos bay Oregon

GoatTracks
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by GoatTracks » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:02 pm

I cut a slant in the end of a 2x4" and just roll the bike back, and up onto the board. Then a hard tug backwards will get the center stand down.
"Dog is my Co-Pilot"

Central Iowa, USA
'07 "FrankenUral" Gear Up
'99 HD Bad Boy Custom
'84 Yamaha 175 Enduro
Mattel "Big Wheel"