Erika’s putting on weight

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Mr Wazzock
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Re: Erika’s putting on weight

Post by Mr Wazzock » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Lokiboy wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:26 pm
She really is putting on weight!

After reading the weights others posted I’m thinking Erika can’t be 100lbs heavier. So, I went to another weigh station. Yep, she sure is. :shock:
My CT is increased about the same, I added it up, all fluids plus full tank, then adding on tub bumper bars, full jerry can, full ammo box, towbar, trunk lid rack (if empty), plus tools and all the other crud I normally carry around, and then with (just) me sitting on it, it can be up to around 950 lbs
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

Lokiboy

Re: Erika’s putting on weight

Post by Lokiboy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Mr Wazzock wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:32 pm
Lokiboy wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:26 pm
She really is putting on weight!

After reading the weights others posted I’m thinking Erika can’t be 100lbs heavier. So, I went to another weigh station. Yep, she sure is. :shock:
My CT is increased about the same, I added it up, all fluids plus full tank, then adding on tub bumper bars, full jerry can, full ammo box, towbar, trunk lid rack (if empty), plus tools and all the other crud I normally carry around, and then with (just) me sitting on it, it can be up to around 950 lbs
Difference is, I’m not on the scale! :shock:
2011 Gear Up - "Erika"
Yorktown, VA

Mains: 127, Idle: 40, Needle: 1 shim
MKIII air filter
100,000 km and counting