2020 Special Edition Sui-sidecar.

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
LRP
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

2020 Special Edition Sui-sidecar.

Post by LRP » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:29 pm

Army Bird Dog Pilot, Nam.
2018 CT
Traded '08 Patrol
2008 Royal Enfield cast iron military
1983 Honda Passport

19 previous motos

Tin Man
Commissar
Commissar

Re: 2020 Special Edition Sui-sidecar.

Post by Tin Man » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:58 am

We need to get this guy together with Van (Gobium)...........watch out world!
Mike
2007 GearUp (Arctic #1)
130/45 jets, KTM rock solid mirrors, Delaware Dave's outstanding trunk lock, Mr. Cob's most excellent skid plate, Cycra Probend smashproof hand guards, Duro strong like bull 307's, RotoPax damn near bulletproof fuel cans, MKIII all but water proof air box and Dimples super duper magnetic drain plugs all around...oh yeah, and a manual fuel petcock.

.........if you see something that needs doing, just do it........

Lofty
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by Lofty » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:55 am

The механический мудак, running and roadworthy.

Oven gloves at 7:54 for the Win.

Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650
1991 Bianchi Osprey
1952 Columbia RX-5 ('87, NOS)

DisplacedYooper
Comrade
Comrade

Post by DisplacedYooper » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:27 pm

Excellent,
Could pass for any neighborhood in the U.P.
But we should all chip in and get him some safety glasses!! All that cutting without any.

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Howdy All,

Watching these videos reminds me of the ingenuity of the Russian people, how they can start with next to nothing and make something useful out of it. Years ago when I had the honor of helping Sergey, build the first prototype of what would become the Ural solo bike I marveled at how he would take simple tools like a hammer and chisel use those simple tools to make from a large junk electrical circuit box things like shock mounts, exhaust pipe hangers and the dash panel for that bike. How someone could work out in the snow and cold and come up with a functional machine such as this is a wondrous thing to me. I have never been a fan of glitz and shiny stuff but am a fan of FUNCTION, this is the main idea of my "Predator" and how it came to be, the meanest, ugliest, most hard core Ural that I know of.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

RC20

Post by RC20 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:53 pm

Back in 1985 or so, the Credit Union I was doing mechanic systems work for had issues with the power systems for a branch out in Philippines at Clark (long story, short version is our CU was deemed the most capable of handling remote branches when Clark CU got into trouble and the national CU board transfered it to us)

I was able to take a day off and went to see the famous Model Aircraft builders of Anglees (town next to the base, they made models to order for USAF and USN, USMC all over the world).

What I found was a bunch of all too skinny guys using cast off files, hacksaw blades and the like to carve out those models (Balsa wood as I recall).

The lines could not have been more perfect, as good as a plastic mold without the split lines on the seams. And the finish was incredible.

If you had thrown me into that arena I would have starved in about 2 weeks (only because I could live off my fat)

I had my whole modern tool set with me to do my work, those guys could figure a way out without it. Truly amazing and humbling.
Fear No Gravel
Formerly Owned: ( various rides on others)
Honda 90
2 x CB750K (one a true Japan Model flown to Hawaii by a P3 Orion Sub Patrol Aircraft!)
1 x CB700 SC ala Shaft Drive Nighthawk S (RC20 is the actual in house production Model)
1 x R80GS (ok to start with, learned to love it for what it was)
1 x CB450K

Current:
1 x 2019 cT Terracotta

What I Did (I quit June 2 , 2019)
Mechanic/Technician/Engineer: Electro Mechanical Systems

Desantnik-VDV
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by Desantnik-VDV » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:31 pm

I had posted this guys video some months ago. Incredible! Due to lack of money and availability people are creative....in Russia.
Home made small planes, helicopters, snowmobiles, etc...

My first days in US, back in 1992 I was doing some work and have been told by a lady instructor, who had a very narrow vision and was trained to do things by the code/book:
- "You can't do that!".
- Yes, I can.
- No you can't!
- Ok, watch me...
- You can't do that!
- Look, I did it!

What she was meaning is - it had to be done the way she was told, and she did not imagine someone could do it otherwise.
If everything in the world was done only by the book, there would not be any creative people around.

It is always good to learn from someone else's experience.
Alex
2007 GearUp - BMD (Боевая Машина Десанта)

The rest is just a History.

Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tomcatfixer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:12 pm

this is the main idea of my "Predator" and how it came to be, the meanest, ugliest, most hard core Ural that I know of.
Anyone ever buy the Predator off of you or is it still for sale?
- Chad

Gordonsville, Virginia, USA

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 2001 Ural Patrol "Little Red Bear", 1999 Ural Tourist "The RPOC", Mid-Nineties Ural Tourist "The Heap", 1994 Honda VFR750F

Previous rides:
2007 Honda VTR1000 FireStorm (Super Hawk in U.S.)
2001 Buell Blast! - - - - - - - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
1993 Honda CBR600F2 - -1984 Yamaha FJ1100
Two different 1986 Yamaha FZX700S Fazers

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:28 pm

Tomcatfixer wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:12 pm
this is the main idea of my "Predator" and how it came to be, the meanest, ugliest, most hard core Ural that I know of.
Anyone ever buy the Predator off of you or is it still for sale?
Howdy Chad,

I had a couple of people contact me but nothing serious, just because its not a shiny rig folks think they should be able to buy it cheap. The price I put on it was just to gauge interest if any, I am moving on from Ural's and would entertain SERIOUS offers but I would rather let it rust away or put a match to it before just giving it away to someone who has no idea of the work and years of experimenting that went into building it.

Anyone who has ridden it themselves or has actually seen what its capable of knows its far from a regular Ural. I have a ton of spare parts that would go with it, I "might repeat MIGHT" even be persuaded to include the ONLY Ural final drive in existence on the planet that is setup with HERZOG gears for the right price.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6