2018 dealer rebates and offers

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
inked1
Comrade
Comrade

Re: 2018 dealer rebates and offers

Post by inked1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 am

I've seen Ural of Pittsburg's advertisements with the free shipping. I've also seen Heindl's ads for pre 2020 sales. Really killer prices compared to the 2019 and 2018s they are still selling. That puzzles me actually, how the 2020 pre sales price is less than the older models. Any thoughts on that? Do they advertise the prices WITH all the prep and freight, so it's looking higher than the pre sales price, which WILL or could have all that added on top of??

I'm sitting smack dab in the middle of Hellinois, so the closest dealers are the Chicago area or the middle of Iowa. So anywhere I purchase it will be a ways away. Again, I have ZERO experience with a rig, so the delivery options sound way more smart than me doing a learning curve on a long ride home. (funny how age has made me start thinking things through a little more, LOL). I do have access to a decent size stake bed truck, but it would be a matter of getting it up in there, and back down out of there if I picked it up myself. The little town I live in has ZERO loading docks that I know of, but it may be worth my while to hunt one down with a friendly business owner that would let me unload there. There is one across the street from where I work, but that's 35 plus miles of twisty roads from where I live, so again, that city street learning curve thing pops up again.

Mr. Wazzock, I'm with you one the buying new and avoiding the demos too if possible. I know that from personal experience when testing new cars, I've sometimes thrashed the hell out of those things to see what they'll do, then bought elsewhere where I got a fresh one to break in properly. LOL I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that.
Current
2017 Harley Ultra Limited Low
1988 1200 Sportster
1986 1100 Sportster Hardtail project
1981 Suzuki GS550
A few old Pontiacs, yeah I know, at least one too many wheels on the ground.

inked1
Comrade
Comrade

Post by inked1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:39 am

One last thing, at this time anyway. I've seen you guys posting about a few of the really great dealerships and how the rigs are prepped right and ready. So I have some idea of a few good ones where I'd have a better chance of getting a rig that's set up right. I hate to ask anyone to publicly bash a dealership, so if anyone would care to share some experiences of other good dealerships where they've been treated right and the set-up and service are top notch, I'd love to hear that. If you've had some terrible experience and a collective, STAY AWAY!! advice and don't want to do it here in the forum, a PM would be appreciated. I know some people would complain about free beer if it wasn't their brand, so I hate to open a can of worms publicly here on the forum, but if I received more than one warning about a dealership, in some PMs, it would at least make me think I'd want to look elsewhere to purchase, without the public bashing and bad mouthing.

And thanks to all who have responded so far. I'm not in a hurry, so the advice and such on waiting for the 2020s that may help me with prices on 2019s is surely helpful. Besides, I'm still whining like a three year old at home, trying to convince her how fun this would be and how we really need one. LOL That may take a while, so plenty of time to wait for the right deal. I've had a bike since before we got married, so EVERY purchase since then, she didn't think we needed. I try the same arguments with her about more clothes or ???? whenever she decides she needs something new. My biggest obstacle tho, none of her clothes cost $17,000 plus tax, dealer prep, title, license, shipping, etc. LOL
Current
1988 1200 Sportster
1981 Suzuki GS550

Lofty
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by Lofty » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:24 am

inked1 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 am
Mr. Wazzock, I'm with you one the buying new and avoiding the demos too if possible. I know that from personal experience when testing new cars, I've sometimes thrashed the hell out of those things to see what they'll do, then bought elsewhere where I got a fresh one to break in properly. LOL I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that.
Actually, it was I who mentioned my policy of not purchasing demo vehicles. Your LOL-thrashed-the-hell-out-of-those-things approach is precisely why I counsel others to view demonstrators as potentially damaged goods.
Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650
1991 Bianchi Osprey
1952 Columbia RX-5 ('87, NOS)

inked1
Comrade
Comrade

Post by inked1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:48 pm

Lofty wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:24 am

Actually, it was I who mentioned my policy of not purchasing demo vehicles. Your LOL-thrashed-the-hell-out-of-those-things approach is precisely why I counsel others to view demonstrators as potentially damaged goods.
You are correct sir, my apologize for crediting Mr. Wazzock with everything and leaving you out.

Having been passed by many a vehicle sporting the dealers plates, I know I'm not the only one who has ever exceeded the recommended break in speeds. I'd say that's probably why it's much more common for the salesgeeks to ride along on the test drives now. Of course, i do remember at least two different salesman telling me to "nail it" or "hammer it" so I could "experience" what the car had to offer. :lol: I of course, obliged. Of course, from reading posts here, I must say, I've never been passed by a Ural, and I now know why. :lol: :lol:
Current
1988 1200 Sportster
1981 Suzuki GS550

solo1966
Party Member
Party Member

Post by solo1966 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 pm

I have dealt with 3 dealers and 2 were great . Ural dealer in guntersville and Ural Pittsburgh are great.
:foilhead: Love my GOD,country,and fear my government,2017 GU , 2019 GU

RC20

Post by RC20 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Don't forget they redid the Cylinders as well.

That was pretty big by itself in clearing up possible issues cooling wise and I gather wear wise as they put an anti slap band on the piston.
Fear No Gravel
Formerly Owned: ( various rides on others)
Honda 90
2 x CB750K (one a true Japan Model flown to Hawaii by a P3 Orion Sub Patrol Aircraft!)
1 x CB700 SC ala Shaft Drive Nighthawk S (RC20 is the actual in house production Model)
1 x R80GS (ok to start with, learned to love it for what it was)
1 x CB450K

Current:
1 x 2019 cT Terracotta

What I Did (I quit June 2 , 2019)
Mechanic/Technician/Engineer: Electro Mechanical Systems

codemonkey001
Party Member
Party Member

Post by codemonkey001 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Where are you at in Illinois? My bike used to belong to Dave Clark in Pacific, MO (St Louis suburb) set up to his specifications - custom seats by Rich Maund, never had an issue with it. He's still listed as a dealer.
2007 Patrol - Starbug
2015 Royal Enfield Classic 500 -Rocinante

BloNo Illinois

Happytrails

Post by Happytrails » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:01 am

Just giving some feedback but noticed that Ural NE has a 2020 slate grey for $16,898. That seems like a great price :)
Last edited by Happytrails on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-JR

2018 Ural GearUp, Urban Camo
1991 Honda Goldwing SE

"riding is good therapy"

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:09 am

inked1 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:48 pm
You are correct sir, my apologize for crediting Mr. Wazzock with everything and leaving you out.
LOL :lol:

Which I won't remember anyway :D
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

inked1
Comrade
Comrade

Post by inked1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:42 pm

codemonkey001 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 pm
Where are you at in Illinois? My bike used to belong to Dave Clark in Pacific, MO (St Louis suburb) set up to his specifications - custom seats by Rich Maund, never had an issue with it. He's still listed as a dealer.
West of you in Peoria, LOL. I actually live a little further west of there, but office is in Peoria. I do a lot of work in Bloomington Normal and Champaign as well. Pass through there numerous times a month. I'll be in BLO NO on wednesday this week doing some work on the far north end of town. Passing through there tomorrow on my way to Champaign. No set routes or times each month, just as my services are needed. Do a lot with ISU, Cities of Bloomington and Normal, U of I, etc.

Hopefully one of these days an opportunity to meet would come up. It would be great to see your Ural and pick your brain on ownership.

I've seen Dave Clarks ads on Cycle Trader.
Current
1988 1200 Sportster
1981 Suzuki GS550

inked1
Comrade
Comrade

Post by inked1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Happytrails wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:01 am
Just giving some feedback but noticed that Ural NE has a 2020 slate grey for $16,898. That seems like a great price :)
I've noticed a few 2020 sales advertised on Cycle Trader with those prices. Both Ural NE and Heindl's have been advertising them at that price. In the meantime, I'm still giving all the subtle hints at home about the need for one. LOL She'll eventually give in. LOL
Current
1988 1200 Sportster
1981 Suzuki GS550

codemonkey001
Party Member
Party Member

Post by codemonkey001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 am

inked1 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:42 pm
Hopefully one of these days an opportunity to meet would come up. It would be great to see your Ural and pick your brain on ownership.
I work up on the North side of Normal, off Hershey north of Ft Jesse. There's another Ural owner in Peoria - guy works for Cat.

https://www.instagram.com/mojosdaddy/
2007 Patrol - Starbug

BloNo Illinois

inked1
Comrade
Comrade

Post by inked1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:03 pm

codemonkey001 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 am
inked1 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:42 pm
I work up on the North side of Normal, off Hershey north of Ft Jesse. There's another Ural owner in Peoria - guy works for Cat.

https://www.instagram.com/mojosdaddy/

Did you ride today? I just visited the SS Facebook page and saw a post there from a guy riding his Ural in BloNo this morning? I drove through there this am on my way to Champaign and would have liked to have seen that. I've ridden my HD when it was 0 out, but with clear roads. Would been cool to see the look on the other drivers faces this morning watching the Ural cruising in to where ever he was going? If not you, are you aware of another Ural in BloNo?
Current
1988 1200 Sportster
1981 Suzuki GS550

codemonkey001
Party Member
Party Member

Post by codemonkey001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:14 pm

inked1 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:03 pm
Did you ride today? I just visited the SS Facebook page and saw a post there from a guy riding his Ural in BloNo this morning? I drove through there this am on my way to Champaign and would have liked to have seen that. I've ridden my HD when it was 0 out, but with clear roads. Would been cool to see the look on the other drivers faces this morning watching the Ural cruising in to where ever he was going? If not you, are you aware of another Ural in BloNo?
Yep, that's me. I'll PM you my employer since I don't publicly share that on social media - it's in the lot most weekdays; come by at the top of the hour and there's a decent chance I'll be out back having a smoke next to it.

As for other drivers' faces, best I ever saw was a snapchat to a coworker from a friend of hers of me riding down Veterans Parkway in a blizzard with the caption "Is this your crazy coworker?"
2007 Patrol - Starbug

BloNo Illinois

inked1
Comrade
Comrade

Post by inked1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:32 pm

codemonkey001 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Yep, that's me. I'll PM you my employer since I don't publicly share that on social media - it's in the lot most weekdays; come by at the top of the hour and there's a decent chance I'll be out back having a smoke next to it.

As for other drivers' faces, best I ever saw was a snapchat to a coworker from a friend of hers of me riding down Veterans Parkway in a blizzard with the caption "Is this your crazy coworker?"
Got the email. Thanks. I'll be over that way again tomorrow, so depending on how the job I'm doing goes, I may drive by there, so don't shoot the long haired old guy leering at your bike. LOL
Current
1988 1200 Sportster
1981 Suzuki GS550