Freedom Road Financial

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
rebelrider
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Freedom Road Financial

Post by rebelrider » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Hey everyone,
I thought I'd share my experience with FRF so far. I read a lot of reviews about them before financing my M70, and those reviews were not terribly encouraging.
I took a chance with them anyway, figuring I could move the debt to my bank if I really needed to. I bought my Ural in June, and so far its been a good experience.

My dealer took care of all the paperwork, and after a few weeks, I got a letter from them with my account information. I registered online, which was a little funky.
They have a main page, and I get sent to two other sites depending on if I want to see my information, or actually make a payment. So that's kind of weird and clunky.
But so far, I've had no trouble logging into either site. My account info is always there, and up to date. I got automatic payments set up on their payment site, and I've had no issues there.
Every month so far, the proper amount is transferred on the right day, and I receive email notifications when the statement is available, and when the transaction goes through.

So although its a bit of a weird setup, it looks like they're making progress, and may improve even more over time.
I figured I'd put this out there for prospective buyers who, like me, can't pay for their Ural all at once. :)

Anyone else want to share their experience with FRF?
Mike
Image2014 Ural M70 "Trogdor"
1987 Honda CMX250C "Rebel"
1979 Puch Moped "Wasp"
1971 Honda SL100

tonered
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Freedom Road Financial

Post by tonered » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:20 pm

I did the FRF thing because they beat our other best rate by 2% for the term.

The credit app was easy and we've had no issues making payments. I believe my Wife uses the bill payment app at our credit union. Still, they made a small dream come true and have not been a problem.

I cannot say the same for the folks collecting our car payment. They continuous screw up the automatic payment. How is that possible?

Have a good one.
tony b
Lynnwood, WA
2013 GearUp (Taildragger)
2001 Duc ST4 (Thumper)

eireman72
Party Member
Party Member

Post by eireman72 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:39 am

I've had the same experience as you rebelrider. Website clunky, but no problems. Enrolled in their auto pay, but double checked that the payments went out.
Eireman 72

2013 Forest Fog Gear Up "Катерина" (Katerina)
Mods - Hella 500FF's, Hella H4 Headlight, drilled slides, crankcase ventilator.

MartyL
Benevolent Emperor
Benevolent Emperor

Post by MartyL » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:35 am

Thanks for sharing your experiences with FF. I wondered how they were in dealing with Folk who finance through them. Good feedback!
2010 Gear Up
1976 Yamaha XS650C
2018 H-D FLHXS
Peace.... God Bless our brave soldiers defending our freedom. God Bless America!
As I get older, I see the wisdom in Hannibal Lecter......
Ladies,Do your part! Prevent MSB often! Save mankind!!!

Mikehusa
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by Mikehusa » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:21 pm

I financed a portion of My Triumph through them. When I paid it off I received pay off letter in the mail the same week. Very easy to deal with.
2012 Yamal

Kthulu
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by Kthulu » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:52 pm

I turned in my app with them a bit over a week ago. Good rate and good service so far.
2015 M70 - "Orlog"

rebelrider
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by rebelrider » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Goin on 3 years now, with FRF. I figured I'd post an update, mainly because they're rebuilding their website.

Nothing to complain about. They've been steadily taking my money, and sending statements. I was interested to hear about the new website. Should go online in a couple days. The idea is that instead of having to log into two different sites, We'll soon be able to do all the online stuff from a single location. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. It's been over a year since I last logged in. I'm going to have to find my password, LOL.
Mike
1979 Puch Moped "Wasp"
1971 Honda SL100

tonered
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by tonered » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:40 am

As a note about these folks, when you do pay off the bike, they will not send you the signed off title. Instead, they send a notarized letter that says they release the lien. With a signed title, it was easy to mail it off to the state and get a new one in return. With the letter in WA state, we have to take it into a vehicle licensing office and file for a new title. Small distinction, but enough of a PITA that I didn't do it right away. Now that I am selling, I can't find where I put that letter.

Three weeks ago, I apologetically called FRF for a replacement. As of yet, it hasn't arrived. I called again yesterday. They have no record for my first call / request. So, now I wait for this replacement.

It would have been so much easier just getting the original title like we have after every other loan payoff.

Have a good one.
tony b
Lynnwood, WA
2001 Duc ST4 (Thumper)

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by INSUBORDINATOR » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:27 am

My advice is to never allow automatic debits from your checking account, & manage your own bills. Identity thieves have a much harder time tagging you - if you limit yourself to only an occasional CC purchase online, but NO banking/bill paying business online.
Old school but reliable.
Current Motorcycles: Improved 2002 Ural Tourist.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gobium » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am

My wife said
"You can many motorcycles as you want but no financing or steal money from our savings"
I REALLY love my wife

danogrande

Post by danogrande » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:54 pm

We've financed two motos with FRF. Paid both off very early. They immediately sent the signed off titles. I found them very easy to work with.
2008 Patrol
2016 MG V7
2014 Scrambler
2005 GS
2006 XRL
2006 XT225

BigJames
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by BigJames » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Well, they just changed their web page so you may have to get online paying set back up again, like I did the other day. Username and passwords gone, gotta get a new one. New page does not require entering in the loan number anymore and after the initial irritation of having to get it set up again, is actually easier to use. FRF is just the bike financing arm of Evergreen Bank, no more, no less. And no, have no auto payment foolishness happening, that is almost asking for trouble.
BigJames
19 Ural Gear Up
11 Ural Retro (108K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (232K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

tonered
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by tonered » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:59 pm

It took another call and a couple more weeks to finally get the replacement letter. Of course, this means that I will find the original in the next day or so! Ha!

Have a good one.
tony b
Lynnwood, WA
2001 Duc ST4 (Thumper)

rebelrider
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by rebelrider » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:20 pm

I called in yesterday with login problems, and was able to get it resolved pretty quickly. Also confirmed that my auto payment won't be affected by the new website.

Tony, that's weird that they won't send you the actual title. The must have lost it. Maybe they just won't admit it, LOL.
Mike
1979 Puch Moped "Wasp"
1971 Honda SL100

tonered
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by tonered » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:16 pm

rebelrider wrote:I called in yesterday with login problems, and was able to get it resolved pretty quickly. Also confirmed that my auto payment won't be affected by the new website.

Tony, that's weird that they won't send you the actual title. The must have lost it. Maybe they just won't admit it, LOL.
Haha! Maybe?

It is all good though, thanks to a patient buyer.

I am going to miss my perfect garage with a bunch of open space. It is now tighter than ever with a car, truck, bike, trailer, and a bunch of other stuff all jammed in.

Have a good one.
Last edited by tonered on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony b
Lynnwood, WA
2001 Duc ST4 (Thumper)