Why Soviet Steeds? - and the SovietSteeds Manifesto!

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
VWNate1
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Re: Why Soviet Steeds? - and the SovietSteeds Manifesto!

Post by VWNate1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 am

Thank you Scott ! .
-Nate
'94 Tourist 650
'96 650 Solo
'10 Solo sT Crashed & Ruined 6.26.17 :cry:

VWNate1
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by VWNate1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:45 am

Thursday 6.1.2017

?? what happened ?? .

It says there was a new post but nothing here.....
-Nate
'94 Tourist 650
'96 650 Solo

Niteblues
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Niteblues » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:23 am

VWNate1 wrote:Thursday 6.1.2017

?? what happened ?? .

It says there was a new post but nothing here.....
spammer hit here. deleted and banned.
that is all.
Scott

2004 Ural Patrol

"You can ride farther in one hour than you can walk in a day"

"Media bias contributes to erosion of the perception of truth." Tanya Marcum

VWNate1
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

The Troops Close Ranks

Post by VWNate1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:00 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! :cheers: .
-Nate
'94 Tourist 650
'96 650 Solo

VWNate1
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by VWNate1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:54 am

? are we still getting spam or hate on this topic ? .
-Nate
'94 Tourist 650
'96 650 Solo

Niteblues
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Niteblues » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:07 am

I think we're good Nate...
Scott

2004 Ural Patrol

"You can ride farther in one hour than you can walk in a day"

"Media bias contributes to erosion of the perception of truth." Tanya Marcum

VWNate1
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by VWNate1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:31 pm

10/q .
-Nate
'94 Tourist 650
'96 650 Solo

EASirider
Party Member
Party Member

Post by EASirider » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:58 am

I like your attitude John. I read your first post in this thread and wanted to comment. I think you and others have created a fine place for enthusiasts. I joined just a few days ago and was welcomed with open arms. The type of people here are my kinda folk. I am really excited about finding a Ural of my own and contributing to this website.

Later on in the future as my tenure here matures, I would be interested in moderating also. I know I need to earn it first, but there ya have it.

I've always had a bunch of cars, and a few motorcycles. After losing a sister and father in the last year I have come to conclude that I have too much going on, and need to reduce, resize, re-prioritize and find a hobby that is more simple. I've done the muscle car thing my whole life. I think its time to focus on motorcycles for now. My boys are young and will be getting 50's and 80's soon to learn on. So now is a good time.

John I also just built a large garage and plan to open it up as a Ural Tech day location for DIY maintenance, get-to-gethers, and just plain ole hangin out. I have acess to 500 acres down in Monticello KY, (my brother in laws place), and I think it would be awesome to launch some KAT Kentucky Adventure Trail rides from there. He's only a couple minutes ride from the trail.

Man I am getting excited. I already put the 72 camaro on craigslist, the Kayak, a bunch of other stuff too. I'm going to raise all the cash I can and go buy the newest Ural I can.

Thanks for the warm welcome and here is to a long lasting friendship with whoever on this forum. :beerchug:
Have fun now, while you still can.

hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by hotflash44 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 pm

your excitement is contagious hope your dreams come true,should be several Uralistas in KY. i like the maintence day stuff thats always fun and informative. combine that with good people maybe some food a little drink and a trail ride,before the drink of course! :bow: :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

EASirider
Party Member
Party Member

Post by EASirider » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:38 pm

hotflash44 wrote:your excitement is contagious hope your dreams come true,should be several Uralistas in KY. i like the maintence day stuff thats always fun and informative. combine that with good people maybe some food a little drink and a trail ride,before the drink of course! :bow: :cheers:
Yeah, "Wooden Nickel" is just across town from me. We are planning for me to ride monkey with him sometime. I am very excited. After having a tough couple years dealing with a lot of sickness and death in the family, I am trying to get out of depression with a new outlook and a renewed spirit. So, I am taking on the challenge of getting a Ural, building a group of local guys who have each other's backs, and support each other's families. I need more positivism in my life. :boogie: I've been stuck in a dark place for awhile. This is the first time I've felt excited about something since dad died.

Glad to be here, and looking forward to making some new comrades.
Have fun now, while you still can.

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:22 pm

great, lots of therapy wrapped up in the Ural experience.dive in make some new friends try to move on from the family pressure, its a healthy thing to do there is no end to the Ural learning experience and thats the way i myself like it. :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

vnsfxr

Post by vnsfxr » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:11 am

Thankyou for letting me in to the collective John.
I am currently in the research phase and want to soak up the info here to use in making an informed purchase.

Vince
"A man with a briefcase can steal more money than a man with a gun" - Glen Frey

VWNate1
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by VWNate1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:18 am

Vince ;

You'll find the Ural to be a completely different Motocyling experience, often it's the most fun you can have with your pants un .

The travel aspect is a bit slower, you on't be zooming anywhere @ 75 + MPH .

Folks will turn to look at you and every where you go they'll try to delay you to ask 'what's that ?' .

You, the hack driver will be expected to learn to do basic maintenance and keep up on it, get your hands dirty from time to time .

Kids, dogs and dates all love the Ural and will be ready to jump in and GO most any time .

I don't know where Lake County is, there are now places that rent Urals, I highly suggest renting one to see how much fun it is .

Unless you drive on glare ice, give the 2WD a pass ~ go watch some you tube videos of 1WD Urals in the mud , sand and snow .
-Nate
'94 Tourist 650
'96 650 Solo

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:25 am

UDF - Ural Delay Factor - last big trip I did, EVERY TIME I stopped (for gas whatever) someone wanted to talk about it! Can be a PITA when you just want to get on.

I have mentioned this before but one thing I was totally unprepared for is how the rig rocks sideways on uneven surfaces. 2 wheel bikes don't do that. They just go up and down. :D
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

HassoBoxhead

Post by HassoBoxhead » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Having brought my 1971 Corvette to the UK when I was stationed there years ago, I definitely understand the delay factor. Couldn’t stop for a quick fuel fill without opening the hood and talking with enthusiasts. I never got irritated and enjoyed given folks a glimpse of something they don’t often get to see. I feel the same way on the Ural.
Last edited by HassoBoxhead on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Slate Grey Gear Up
Retired Air Force Russian Linguist
“Too Close for Missiles, Switching to Guns”