Tread Wear Report

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.
Snakeoil
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Tread Wear Report

Postby Snakeoil » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Was poking around the shop looking for things that needed to be done and decided to check the tread wear pattern on the rig.

I put new Duro 308 tires on at 8595kms. Odo read 11595 today so exactly 3000 kms on the tires. I actually checked twice when I saw what the number turned out to be.

Went around and measured tread depth on the next groove over, to the left and right of center. Here are the results in inches.

----------Right-----Left
Front---0.170----0.170
Rear----0.110----0.106
Hack----0.180----0.180

There was some variation if I meaured at other points in the same groove while moving around the tire. But I suspect that it was due to manufacturing tolerances. Duros are not the roundest tires I've encountered. For example the Front range was between 0.170" and 0.190". The measurements were always withing 0.005" right to left.

Needless to say, I'm quite please and know that my alignment is about as good as it will ever be. I'm using 3/8" toe-in and 1 degree lean-out.
Duty is normally me with an empty chair. But wife has been out for a couple rides this season.
Regards,
Rob
2000 Ural Tourist
Before you say something stupid, always ask yourself, "What would Harpo say?".

Return to “General Hammerin' and Wrenchin' (all model years)”