Tail/running lights out!!

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.

Tail/running lights out!!

Postby BudK » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 pm

After a wonderful three days of riding the back roads of Arizona/Utah from Marble Canyon up to Bryce Natl Park and back down to Kanab, Marble Canyon, where we left the trailer, then home.. I will post up a report and some pics in the Ride Reports section soon..

After off loading the Ural at my riding buddy's house in Scottsdale, noticed the Tail lights were out... Brake lights/turn sigs were OK and I didn't have but a few minutes of riding on urban streets, so I headed home..

Here are the facts.. When key is in Run position the tail and running lights do NOT work... Brake lights and turn signals work. hand brake and foot switches work.

With key in Park position tail lights and running lights work!
I have checked Fuses, OK.. Bulbs, all Good. I will check the ground in tail light housing tomorrow..

I have looked thru this subject in Hammering Wrenching and can't find this particular set of circumstances...
I am thinking the 150 miles of rough w@$# board and rough/rocky back roads may be the cause???

Your suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!! :cheers:
Bud K

2011 Ural T
2013 Honda NC700XD
BudK
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Tail/running lights out!!

Postby frankb » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:23 am

Ignition switch.
frankb
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Tail/running lights out!! FIXED!!!!

Postby BudK » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks all, Again, went thru all the lights,wires, connects in rear and finally. as the last straw, I pulled the headlight and as you look at the Ignition switch the forward bottom double spade connection had lost one of its connections with two orange wires... running lights ?? :lol: Anyway might have looked there first, but learned a bit about the rear lights!
Frank had it right!

Onward, upward to a few more Ural smarts!
Bud K

2011 Ural T
2013 Honda NC700XD
BudK
Comrade
Comrade

Return to General Hammerin' and Wrenchin' (all model years)