When the sidecar is either lifted higher than the bike (e.g., sidecar wheel going over a slight rise that the bike isn’t), or drops lower than the bike (e.g., dropping into a depression that the bike isn’t), I hear a noticeable "clunk." Sounds like a bolted joint in the frame is loose and flexing.
It seems to happen when I’m going slow and turning hard either direction too.
I’ve checked all the bolts that I see.
I know my description is vague, but it’s hard to put into words succinctly.
'18 Ural Gear-Up
'17 KTM 350 EXC-F
'14 BMW F800GS
- 2018 Gear Up (the Happy Camel)
- 2017 KTM 350 EXC-F (the Cougar)
- 2014 BMW F800GS (the Goat)
- 2016 DRZ 400S (the Wheeezel)
- 2013 BMW R1200RT (the Mule)
- 2011 HD Road King (Our Hog)
- 2009 HD Sportster (Li’l Hog)