Lost USPS need help

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Lmo
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Lost USPS need help

Postby Lmo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Yeah, you should, but getting the seller to understand that might be an issue. Getting the refund for you part might be the best you can hope for ( I didn't read above if you have already ).
Lew Morris
Dnepr w/ '06 Ural Drive Train
C5 Power Arc
125/42 jets
Drilled slides/
.030" shims

1973 BMW R75/5 (original owner)
1947 HD FL (long gone, forever regretful)

Igor26rus
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Igor26rus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:00 pm

"A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon. " - What does it mean? I can not understand?

rivers

Postby rivers » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Igor26rus wrote:"A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon. " - What does it mean? I can not understand?

Though I've never had any packages totally lost via USPS I have had that tracking message before. It delays it for sure but it's been 100% of a typo/error in the address. Either the sender botched the address or when either US Customs or USPS inspectors felt the need to tear into the box destroying the address and in turn not sending it on correctly. In that case I would get a hold of the sender and verify the address it was shipped to. If it was wrong it may just be in some back room dead file storage area cause they don't know what to do with it hoping the owner will do a walk-in and claim it? The more people, agencies that touch it the bigger the odds something gets screwed up.
Verify the address the sender shipped to. And good luck.
Joe
014 GU
"I'm lost but I'm making good time."

Mothra35

Postby Mothra35 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:43 am

Thanks Rivers,,,,The status update posed above totally changed to that...before it said it was in transit. Now is saying "A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon. "

But anyway, I did get another Email from them last Friday saying that they are still investigating the lost package and will continue the search...I dunno if its smoke. But makes me feel a tad better about it I guess.
--2005 Ural Tourist--"Маня"

My U-Tube
---Oliver---Оливер--- :headbang:

Igor26rus
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Igor26rus » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:34 am

Well, at least they do something

4REICH

Postby 4REICH » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:03 pm

If it were my dilemma I would wonder if the delay was caused by overzealous officials thinking the many feet of hollow tubing in your girder may be packed with illegal substances. But they probably have x rays or hacksaws
13 Ural ST solo
94 solo

Mothra35

Postby Mothra35 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:03 pm

4REICH wrote:If it were my dilemma I would wonder if the delay was caused by overzealous officials thinking the many feet of hollow tubing in your girder may be packed with illegal substances. But they probably have x rays or hacksaws

HOPE FOR THE X=RAYS! :o Hacksaws would not be good
--2005 Ural Tourist--"Маня"

My U-Tube
---Oliver---Оливер--- :headbang:

Mr Wazzock

Postby Mr Wazzock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 pm

I remember being stopped at customs coming back into Dover (UK port) cos I had a bare alloy tank on my Triumph. You could almost hear them thinking about whether they should have it off and cut it open. :o That was 1982 or somesuch.
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta

4REICH

Postby 4REICH » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Here's some hope your girder may arrive. I ordered a sidecar wheel from Russia on January 11. Been checking weekly on the tracking and zero information was available aside from it being received into the Russian federation system. It finally came today
13 Ural ST solo
94 solo

coyote

Postby coyote » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Waiting on a package from Russia since last July, a headlight visor bezel. Made it the same location OPs did, cleared customs and then nothing. Filed for lost package trace, local post office called and said they don’t have it, no sh!+. Asked about a tracing a lost package and they said they did that and once again they don’t have it, said customs may have seized it but I should a get a letter if so, haven’t gotten anything. They said otherwise it’s just lost. Not holding my breath.

A long time ago I did however receive a USPS package I sent to myself when returning home from deployment 11 months late. I had totally forgotten about the thing and it just showed up one day. Who knows where or why it sat for 11 months.
2014 "Sage Green" Gear Up
1989 Honda Hawk
2004 Yamaha R1

Return to “The Virtual Watering Hole”