Got hit today

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
dogboy443
Party Member
Party Member

Re: Got hit today

Postby dogboy443 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:14 pm

2006 Ural Tourist, The Flying Pickle!

harryball
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby harryball » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks for posting the link. I disabled comments for this video as it was escalating and I'm not interested in providing a commentary on everything at this point. It is what it is and I'll let the police finalize their report before I speculate on anything.
---
2008 - Tourist - "Ursula" / 30mpg / 32k as of 9/2017
2010 - Patrol - "The Rattler" / 32 mpg / 53k as of 9/2017
K28 tires on both rigs, pusher gets about 6000 miles give or take.
3/8" toe in and 2.5 degree lean
Robert
http://HabitatForBats.org - Give a bat a home!

tourist
Party Member
Party Member

Postby tourist » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:24 pm

glad you were not hurt worse
96 ural tourist red peril re homed
07 tourist LX (yet un named) bride's ride now named Blue Rondo
R12rt
I think 3 wheels is too much fun

dogboy443
Party Member
Party Member

Postby dogboy443 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:16 pm

harryball wrote:Thanks for posting the link. I disabled comments for this video as it was escalating and I'm not interested in providing a commentary on everything at this point. It is what it is and I'll let the police finalize their report before I speculate on anything.

I'm just glad I did not step on any toes by posting it. Glad you are ok. Maybe the broken nose will add more character?
2006 Ural Tourist, The Flying Pickle!

brianural
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Postby brianural » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:00 am

harryball wrote:Thanks for posting the link. I disabled comments for this video as it was escalating and I'm not interested in providing a commentary on everything at this point. It is what it is and I'll let the police finalize their report before I speculate on anything.

Saw it on FB, too bad you didn't disable comments there. Some folks opinions amaze me. :bs: Glad you had cameras going, should help police in their report. Hope you heal fast and damage minimal to rig.
2011 HD RGU
2003 Honda VTX1800 - sold
2005 Honda VTX1300 - sold
Bunch of other metric bikes for last 45 years
"1966 titled" Dnepr MT-11 (reality is a 80-90's)
1956 IMZ M72 (bought in pieces, oh crap what have I done) Hope to have on road in 2018

harryball
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby harryball » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Trying to be proactive I checked with my insurance, American Modern. No problems other than if I need them they will require a dealer estimate on the rig. No report yet, the officer has been off duty and there was this small wind storm that came through. So I still have no idea if they had insurance. If they do, I bet they want the same thing, get it to a dealer.

I may end up having to load it up and haul it to Gene.
---
Robert

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Howdy harryball,

Just catching up on SS and see this thread. Well darn, glad and the rig seem to have came through this with minimal damage.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

GHGoodwin

Postby GHGoodwin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Out where there wasn't service for a few days. Glad you're OK. My wife has a kind of funny looking photo of me and my butterfly black eyes from my last broken nose. About the only thing funny about the entire experience.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

Mr Wazzock

Postby Mr Wazzock » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:34 pm

On that rocker cover looks like the center stud has bent backwards. Either the other two locating pegs are sheared off of they've torn thru the rocker cover alloy - just guessing tho...
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta

Bob S.

Postby Bob S. » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:45 pm

harryball wrote:Feel much better today, better being relative. My dog (who thankfully was not with me) has been staying with me like a shadow. He smelled the blood and I think somehow knows I'm hurt.

Wasn't a hit and run. He stayed. But while I was there could not provide proof of insurance and the police could find none either. Cop was very professional and was giving them an opportunity to call and try and produce it. I wont know until they contact me which may be a few days.

Right now there are more urgent concerns with the storm coming in. Power has gone off/on a few times and I hope that's all we see. It is supposed to peak here in the next few hours. So far, rain and wind maybe up to 20MPH with a few gusts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

propwash
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby propwash » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:17 pm

Glad you are relatively OK.

I'll withhold questions for now.

Wildhorse Cafe

Postby Wildhorse Cafe » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:33 am

Great video evidence. Go big. :wink:
2011 Patrol Higgs Bison Super Collider formally known as the Orange and Silver Pumpkin Coach
2006 Shinny Black, Tourist, Tatyanna

When you set out on your journey to Ithaca
pray the road is long , full of adventure, full of knowledge
not expecting that Ithaca will offer you riches
Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage

C.P. Cavafy

Peter Pan

Postby Peter Pan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:50 am

Robert, we are not the youngest any more. Do yourself a favour and ask for some embolia prophylaxis from your doc...I lost Grandma and one of my best buddies due to a blood plug getting loose and obstructing the arteries right 3 days after a not so/small accident.
And why not, get some surplus care from your wife..."Oh dear, I feel so bad" :wink:

By the way the place where you got stuck a few days ago seems to have got "watered A BIT". Now the ground should be harder- :foilhead:
Sven
Sophie Travelair
Patrol 2013 with quite a few add-ons from Jim Petitti.(RIP)
8 weeks 12.000km Oregon - Alaska - Oregon, Engine broke free at 21.000km now in CR 37.000km and counting.
With a DIY foam air filter the rig runs well even in tropical rain. The air box looks then like an aquarium. :moto:
Final drives: 1. at 5000km, 2. at 34.000km(+friction plates)

The Avatar are 2 rice grains stating life's essence:
"The most important you cannot see!"
=> Attitude makes the difference!

harryball
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby harryball » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm

I would like to thank everyone for their concern and I appreciate the comments, I really do. I am following the Doc's advice with everything. Still waiting on the police report before I can proceed with any repairs on the rig. However it plays out, I think they are going to want a repair quote from a dealer.

On a less positive note, I will say that I find the hate mail saddening, really sad. I mean, I knew the world was a cesspool of degenerates but come on, seriously? I've been told several things, blamed for the whole thing, told I should be buying them a new car... but I think the most disturbing is being told "too bad you didn't die you white ... piece of ... " ?? Seriously. The anonymity of the internet really brings out the worst in some people. It really doesn't bother me, it just makes me sad that all these pieces of trash exist out there.
---
Robert

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Postby gobium » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 pm

harryball wrote:I would like to thank everyone for their concern and I appreciate the comments, I really do. I am following the Doc's advice with everything. Still waiting on the police report before I can proceed with any repairs on the rig. However it plays out, I think they are going to want a repair quote from a dealer.

On a less positive note, I will say that I find the hate mail saddening, really sad. I mean, I knew the world was a cesspool of degenerates but come on, seriously? I've been told several things, blamed for the whole thing, told I should be buying them a new car... but I think the most disturbing is being told "too bad you didn't die you white ... piece of ... " ?? Seriously. The anonymity of the internet really brings out the worst in some people. It really doesn't bother me, it just makes me sad that all these pieces of trash exist out there.

Internet will reveal worst and best of people

Return to “The Virtual Watering Hole”